Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Intellectual disability is a disability, occuring before the age of 18 and characterized by significant limitations both in intellectual functioning and in adaptive behavior, which covers many everyday social and practical skills.
Intellectual disabilities is now the preferred term for the concepts previously covered under :
- Developmental disabilities
- Learning disability in the British sense.
- Mental deficiency
- Mental handicap
- Mental retardation
- Mental subnormality
- Diagnostic Adaptive Behavior Scale
- Category:Conditions causing intellectual disabilities
- X-linked intellectual disability
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD). Intellectual Disability: Definition, Classification and Systems of Supports. aka as the “Definition Manual”
- Emerson E., Hatton C., Bromley, J. & Caine, A. (eds) (1998) Clinical Psychology & People with Intellectual Disabilities. Chichester:Wiley.