Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Inhibition or inhibitory or inhibitor may refer to:
- Central inhibition or cortical inhibition - inhibition arising in the CNS
- Enzyme inhibitor, a substance that binds to an enzyme and decreases its activity.
- Inhibition of return, a feature of attention
- Inhibition (personality) -a personality process
- Inhibition Theory, a theory pertaining to the performance of a mental task
- Lateral inhibition, a mechanism by which neurons are able to determine the origin of a stimulus
- Memory inhibition, processes that suppress or interfere with specific memories.
- Sexual inhibition, reservations relating to sexual practices
- Social inhibition, a conditioned fear reaction to social marginalization or isolation.
- External inhibition
- Internal inhibition
- Latent inhibition
- Inhibition of delay
- Inhibition of inhibition
- Inhibition of reinforcement
- Inhibitory conditioning
- Inhibitory potential
- Inhibitory reflex
- Proactive inhibition
- Reactive inhibition