Inhibition or inhibitory or inhibitor may refer to:
- Central inhibition or cortical inhibition - inhibition arising in the CNS
- Enzyme inhibitor, a substance that binds to an enzyme and decreases its activity.
- Inhibition of return, a feature of attention
- Inhibition (personality) -a personality process
- Inhibition Theory, a theory pertaining to the performance of a mental task
- Lateral inhibition, a mechanism by which neurons are able to determine the origin of a stimulus
- Memory inhibition, processes that suppress or interfere with specific memories.
- Sexual inhibition, reservations relating to sexual practices
- Social inhibition, a conditioned fear reaction to social marginalization or isolation.
- External inhibition
- Internal inhibition
- Latent inhibition
- Inhibition of delay
- Inhibition of inhibition
- Inhibition of reinforcement
- Inhibitory conditioning
- Inhibitory potential
- Inhibitory reflex
- Proactive inhibition
- Reactive inhibition