Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
The term information system has the following meanings:
2. Any telecommunications and/or computer related equipment or interconnected system or subsystems of equipment that is used in the acquisition, storage, manipulation, management, movement, control, display, switching, interchange, transmission, or reception of voice and/or data, and includes software, firmware, and hardware
The simplest model that describes the Structure and Behaviour of an Information System takes five objects:
- Repositories, hold data permanent or temporarily, such as buffers, RAM, hard disks, cache, etc.
- Interfaces, exchange information with the non-digital world, such as keyboards, speakers, scanners, printers, etc.
- Channels, connect repositories, such as buses, cables, wireless links, etc. A Network is a set of logical or physical channels.
- Services; provide value to users or to other services via messages interchange.
- Messages; carries a meaning to users or services.
Source: from book "Seguridad de la Informacion", 2004 ISBN 84-933336-7-0