Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Fot the Freudian concept of psychosexual infantilism. See psychosexual stages
Infantalim is where an older child or adult exhibits the cognitive and emotional behaviour of infants. This can occur through the absence of the usual processes of maturation, in this sense it is known as primary infantalism. It can also occur, usually under stress, through the defence mechanism of regression in which case it is regared as secondary infantalism.
- Adiposogenital dystrophy, a synonym of sexual infantilism. this involves arrested development of sexual organs observed for some endocrine and congenital disorders affecting sexual development, also listed in the article on delayed puberty. This symptom is associated with a number of syndromes.
- Infantilism (disorder) obsolete use of the term for some developmental disorders and disabilities
- Infantilism (physiological disorder) obsolete use of the term for some developmental disorders and disabilities
- Infantile speech, a speech disorder
- Paraphilic infantilism involves the desire to wear diapers and be treated as an infant or toddler.
- Psychosexual infantilism, a concept in psychosexual development introduced by Sigmund Freud
- Hypothalamic infantilism-obesity, or sexual infantilism, synonyms for adiposogenital dystrophy
- Delayed puberty, delayed sexual development symptomatic of several medical syndromes
- Diaper fetishism, a paraphilic attraction to wearing diapers which does not involve fantasies of childlike behavior