Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
An incubator is a piece of [[apparatus] in which conditions appropriate for growth and development can be maintained. They include:
- A neonatal incubator, device used to care for premature babies in a Neonatal intensive-care unit.
- Incubator (microbiology), a device for maintaining a bacterial culture at a particular temperature for a set length of time, in order to measure bacterial growth
- Incubator (for birds' eggs)
- Avian incubation, sitting on or brooding bird's eggs in order to hatch them
- Incubation period, a medical term for the time between being exposed to infection and showing first symptoms
- Incubation (psychology), the process of thinking about a problem subconsciously while being involved in other activities