Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
William James invited him to join the philosophy department at Harvard University, where he became a leading founder of experimental psychology in the USA. He was a pioneer in industrial psychology, and held controversial views on the reliability of witness testimony. Late in his career, he became fascinated by the emerging film industry, travelling to California to observe film production. His 1916 book The Photoplay has been called the first major work of film theory.
- 1889-1892. Beiträge zur experimentellen Psychologie. 4 vols.
- 1899. Psychology and Life.
- 1900. Grundzüge der Psychologie.
- 1901. American Traits from the Point of View of a German.
- 1904. Die Amerikaner. English translation, 1904.
- 1906. Science and Idealism.
- 1908. Philosophie der Werte.
- 1908. Aus Deutsch-Amerika.
- 1908. Psychology and Crime.
- 1908. On the Witness Stand.
- 1916. The Photoplay.
- Münsterberg, Margarete Anna Adelheid, 1922. Hugo Münsterberg, His Life and Work.
- Allan Langdale, 2002. Hugo Münsterberg on Film.
- Works by Hugo Münsterberg at Project Gutenberg
- Jewish Encyclopedia
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|