Google Calendar can be a great way to share important dates about the subject of your wiki and provide a way for your reads to be reminded of important events.
Embeding Google Calendar
- Adding a Google Calendar will be straightforward if you follow these steps.
- Sign in to https://www.google.com/calendar and visit the calender Settings for the calender you wish to embed (remember to make the calender public).
- Go to the section of the page called "Embed This Calendar"
- Copy the code in the embed box
- It should look similar to this:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=78o97umcpn2j7larltemjdg7os%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/London" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
- Create a page in the MediaWiki namespace named "GoogleCalendarWidget". To do this, visit Special:CreatePage on your wiki, and use "MediaWiki:GoogleCalendarWidget" as the pagename.
- paste the iframe code for Google Calendar into this page and publish the change.
- Next, visit the page in which you want to display Google Calendar and add following code:
- Save the page and the Google Calender will appear once the page is saved.
- Google Calender can be customized, but the customization is limited. Within Google Calender setup:
Add Calendar Title
- Navigation buttons
- Print icon
- Calendar list
- Time zone
- Select: Week, Month or Agenda
- Set Width in pixels
- Set Height in pixels
- Week Starts On Sunday, Monday or Saturday
See Google Calender embed settings for full list
I still can't work it out!
- Calender of Lena Zavaroni's life for example of an embedded google calender.
Further Help & Feedback
Retrieved from "http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Embed_Google_Calendar"