Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Haridas Chaudhuri (Bengali: হরিদাস চৌধুরী
)(May, 1913-1975), Bengali integral philosopher, was a correspondent with Sri Aurobindo and the founder of the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS). He was born in Kolkata. In 1951, Dr. Chaudhuri was invited by Frederic Spiegelberg of Stanford University to join the staff of the newly formed American Academy of Asian Studies in San Francisco. He accepted the invitation, eager to implement in a Western educational institution the integral approach to education that he had developed as a student of Sri Aurobindo. Soon after his arrival in San Francisco, Dr. Chaudhuri and his wife Bina established the Cultural Integration Fellowship, from which emerged an educational branch later to become California Institute of Integral Studies. Over the past 30 years, the Institute's original emphasis on Asian religions and cultures evolved to include comparative and cross-cultural studies in philosophy, religion, psychology, counseling, cultural anthropology, organizational studies, health studies, and the arts.
- The philosophy of integralism: The metaphysical synthesis in Sri Aurobindo's teaching, Sri Aurobindo Pathamandir, 1954
- Prayers of Affirmation: a guide to daily meditation, 1956
- The Rhythm of Truth, Cultural Integration Fellowship, 1958
- Integral Yoga: The Concept of Harmonious and Creative Living Wheaton, Illinois: The Theosophical Publishing House, 1965
- Philosophy of Meditation, 1965
- Mastering the problems of living, 1968
- Modern man's religion, 1984. ISBN 0-916985-00-8
- Being, Evolution and Immortality, 1988. ISBN 0-8356-0449-7
- The Philosophy of Love, 1988. ISBN 0-14-019117-8
- Evolution of Integral Consciousness, 1989. ISBN 0-8356-0494-2
- The Essence of Spiritual Philosophy, 1990. ISBN 1-85274-074-4
- Sri Aurobindo: The Prophet of Life Divine
- Indian Culture
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|