Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Gregg Henriques, Ph.D., Assistant Professor Combined-Integrated Doctoral Program, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA, USA.
He has developed a novel, theoretical approach to the unification of psychology called the Tree of Knowledge System, the outline of which was published in 2003 in Review of General Psychology, and two special issues of the Journal of Clinical Psychology in Dec 04 and Jan 05 were devoted to the elaboration and evaluation of the model.
He also has specific research interests in social motivation and affect, beliefs and values, integrative psychotherapy, depression and suicide, the nature of mental disorders, and the relationship between psychiatry and professional psychology.
Dr. Henriques received his Master's degree in Clinical/Community Psychology from the University of North Carolina-Charlotte, his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Vermont.
He also worked two years as a Research Assistant Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, where his primary role was director of a randomized controlled clinical trial exploring the effectiveness of psychotherapy for recent suicide attempters.
- Henriques, G.R. (2005). A new vision for the field: Introduction to the second special issue on the unified theory. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 61, 3-6. Full text
- Henriques, G.R. (2005). Toward a useful mass movement. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 61, 121-139. Full text
- Henriques, G. (2004) Psychology Defined. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 60/12, pp. 1207-21. Full text
- Henriques, G.R. (2004). The development of the unified theory and the future of psychotherapy. Psychotherapy Bulletin, 39, 16-21. Full text
- Henriques, G.R., & Cobb, H.C. (2004). Introduction to the special issues on the unified theory. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 60, 1203-1205. Full text
- Henriques, G.R., & Sternberg, R. J. (2004). Unified professional psychology: Implications for combined-integrated doctoral training programs. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 60, 1051-1063. Full text
- Henriques, G., Brown G.K., Berk M.S., & Beck A.T. (2004). Marked increases in psychopathology found in a 30-year cohort comparison of suicide attempters. Psychological Medicine, 34, 833–841. Full text
- Henriques, G. (2003) The Tree of Knowledge System and the Theoretical Unification of Psychology. Review of General Psychology, Vol. 7, No. 2, 150-182. Fulltext.
- Henriques, G.R. (2003). But where does biology meet psychology? Theory and Psychology, 13, 715-716.
- Henriques, G.R. (2002). The harmful dysfunction analysis and the differentiation between mental disorder and disease. Scientific Review of Mental Health Practice, 1 (2), 157-173. Full text
- Henriques, G.R. (2000). Depression: Disease or behavioral shutdown mechanism? Journal of Science and Health Policy, 1, 152-165. Full text