Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Gerald P. Koocher is an American clinical psychologist.
He was born and brought up in Cambridge, MA.
He has worked for many years at Boston’s Children’s Hospital where he is chief psychologist and at Judge Baker Children’s Center. He is also associate professor at Harvard Medical School. In June 2001, Dr. Koocher became professor and dean of the School for Health Studies at Simmons College (Boston).
Main areas of interest
Ronald F. Levant
|Gerald P. Koocher elected APA President|
Sharon S. Brehm
Editorial board/consulting editor
- Koocher, G. P. & Keith-Spiegel, P. C. (1998). Ethics in Psychology: Professional Standards and Cases (second edition). New York: Oxford University Press.
- Koocher, G. P. & Rey-Casserly, C. M. (2002). Ethical Issues in Psychological Assessment. In: Graham, J. R. & Naglieri, J. A. (Eds.). Handbook of Assessment Psychology. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Koocher, G. P., Norcross, J. C., & Hill, S. S. (Eds.). (2005). PsyDR: Psychologists' Desk Reference, 2nd Edition New York: Oxford University Press.
- Sparta, S. & Koocher, G. P. (Eds.). (2006). Forensic Assessment of Children and Adolescents New York: Oxford University Press.
- Gudas, L. S. & Koocher, G. P. (2003) Grief and Bereavement. In Behrman, R. E. (Ed.). Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. St. Louis: Mosby, pp. 117-120.
- Koocher, G.P. (2005). Behavioral Research with Children: The Fenfluramine Challenge. In E. Kodesh (Ed.). Learning from Cases: Ethics and Research with Children. New York, Oxford University Press., (pp. 179-193).
- Horowitz, L. M., Wang, P. S., Koocher, G. P., Burr, B. H., Smith, M. F., Klavon, S, & Cleary, P. D. (2001). Detecting Suicide Risk in a Pediatric Emergency Department: Development of a Brief Screening Tool. Pediatrics, 107, 1133 1137.
- Koocher, G. P. (2002). Using the CABLES Model to Assess and Minimize Risk in Research: Control Group Hazards. Ethics & Behavior, 12, 75-86.
- Koocher, G. P. (2002). Mentor Revealed: Masculinization of an Early Feminist Construct. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice., 33, 509-510.
- Koocher, G. P. (2003). Ethical and Legal Issues in Professional Practice Transitions. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 34, 4, 383-387.
- Koocher, G. P. (2003). Ethical Issues in Psychotherapy with Adolescents. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 59, 1247-1256.
- Koocher, G. P. (2004). First, AIDE for Pediatric Psychology. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 29, 53-54.
- Koocher, G. P. (2004). Ethics and the Advertising of Professional Services: Blame Canada. Canadian Psychology, 45, 137-138.
- Koocher, G. P. (2005). Following the Money: Economic Inhibitors of Change Affecting Graduate Education in Clinical Psychology. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 61, 1171-1174.