Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Dysmorphic Features - Hypotonia
- Call Cytolab and see if FISH for Prader-Wili was ever ordered for client.
- What are your concerns? I know that when we talked you mentioned the difficulty in feeding that he experienced before. Is there anything else?
- I've read your chart and looked over the information you told me over the phone, but pretend I don't know anything and tell me why you are here today.
- Review family history
- Review medical history
- Physical exam
- Answer any questions/ order any tests
Review family historyEdit
Review medical historyEdit
- Mom, how long were you in the hospital following birth?
- Was the client "floppy" at birth?
- Can you describe the floppiness and when it began to improve
- What doctors does the client see?
- Neurology…how often and last visit?
- Is the client on any medications?
- Has the client ever had PT, ST, OT?
- Has the client ever been involved in an Early Intervention program?
Explain what findings mean/what tests will be orderedEdit
Describe what we think may be going onEdit
- Any genetic conditions (prader-wili)
- multifactorial inheritance
- sporadic events
Wrap up sessionEdit
- Answer any questions mom might have
- Set up method of returning results to mom
- Set up follow-up appointment?
- Get referrals per instructions from Dr.
The information in this outline was last updated in 2000.
This material has been imported fom the wikibook "Genetic counseling"[ http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Genetic_counseling] under the GNU Free Documentation License.