Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
When Hodgson Fellow in Psychical Research at Harvard (1922-25), he started the first telepathic experiments through wireless in Chicago and Newark. he presented his results at a symposium at Clark University in a paper entitled Telepathy as an Experimental Problem. He reported that the vast majority of results could be explained by coincidences, but that marked exceptions remained unexplained.
The American Society for Psychical Research named the Gardner Murphy Prize, in his honour
He married Lois Barclay Murphy and they wrote 16 books together
John E. Anderson
|Gardner Murphy elected APA President|
Edwin R. Guthrie
- Murphy, G. (1930). An historical introduction to modern psychology. New York, NY: Harcourt, Brace & Company, Inc.
- Murphy, G.& Murphy L.B. (1968) Asian Psychology.
- Murphy, G.& Murphy L.B. (1969) Western Psychology.
- Murphy, G. (1947) "Personality"
Gardner Murphy. "[Review of] Charles A. Ellwood. Methods in Sociology: A Critical Study." The Journal of Social Psychology 5, (1934): 261-266.Full text
- Murphy L.B. (1990)Gardner Murphy: Integrating, Expanding and Humanizing Psychology.McFarland & Co. ISBN 0899504434 (Biography written by his wife)
- Schmeidler,Gertrude (1979) Gardner Murphy and his thinking: A retrospect and a prospect. Journal of Parapsychology, 43, 86-100.
- Schmeidler,Gertrude (1980)Gardner Murphy: A short biography. Journal of the American Society for Psychical Research, 74, 1-14.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|