Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Francine Shapiro is an American psychologist who developed EMDR therapy. In 1987 she observed, during a walk in a park, that moving her eyes seemed to reduce the stress of disturbing memories. Based on these initial observations she conducted further research and published a paper in 1989 describing beneficial results in a number of case studies.
Dr. Shapiro has been given an award for Distinguished Scientific Achievement in Psychology by the California Psychological Association and in 2002 the International Sigmund Freud Award for Psychotherapy presented by the City of Vienna in conjunction with the World Council for Psychotherapy.
- Shapiro, F (2001)Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures. Guildford Press. ISBN 1572306726
- Shapiro, F (2002) (ed) EMDR as an Integrative Psychotherapy Approach: Experts of Diverse Orientations Explore the Paradigm Prism. APA. ISBN 1557989222
- Shapiro, F (2002) (ed) Light in the Heart of Darkness: EMDR and the Treatment of War and Terrorism Survivors. W W Norton. ISBN 0393703665
- Shapiro, F & Forrest, M S (2004) EMDR: The Breakthrough Therapy for Overcoming Anxiety, Stress and Trauma . Basic books.ISBN 0465043011
- Shapiro, F., (2005). Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: Basic principles, protocols and procedures (2nd ed.). New York: Guilford Press.
- Shapiro, F (2007) Handbook of EMDR and Family Therapy Processes.Wiley. ISBN 0471709476
- Shapiro, F (1989a). Efficacy of the eye movement desensitization procedure in the treatment of traumatic memories. Journal of Traumatic Stress. 2 (2),199-223.
- Shapiro, F. (1989b). Lye movement desensitization: A new treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder. Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry, 20,211-217.
- Shapiro, F. (1991). Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing procedure: From EMD to EMDR: A new treatment model for anxiety and related traumata. Behavior Therapist,14,133-135.
- Shapiro, F. (1994). Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: A new treatment for anxiety and related trauma. In Lee Hyer (Ed.), Trauma Victims Theoretical and Practical Suggestions (pp.501-521). Muncie, Indiana: Accelerated Development Publishers.
- Shapiro, F. (1999). Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) and the anxiety disorders: Clinical and research implications of an integrated psychotherapy treatment. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 23, 35-67.
- Shapiro, F. & Solomon, R. (1995). Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: Neurocognitive information processing. In G. Everley (Ed.), Innovations in disaster and trauma psychology, Vol 1(pp. 216-237), Elliot City, MD: Chevron Publishing.
- Shapiro, F, Vogelmann-Sine, S., & Sine, L. (1994.). Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: Treating trauma and substance abuse. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 26, 379-391.