Improving Articles - TasksEdit
- Main article: Psychology Wiki:Improving Articles
We always need general help and this is a good place to start if you are new and dont want to start by writing articles.
These are good tasks to do if you have only 10-20 minutes to spare.
If you dont know which article to work on click on "random page" link on the left.
- Add references
- We are aiming at completeness in our referencing. For each article collect together all relevant references. Follow APA style guidelines.
- Linking references to full text
- This is a key activity linking our knowledge to the evidence base in a way that is accessible to all. Use search engines to locate copies of papers and link to them.
- Adding ISBN numbers to book references.
- Go to a site like Amazon to identify ISBN. Copy it to the end of the book reference. Remove the colon so it reads ISBN xxxx and the software will do the rest. This will become increasingly important as libraries link their catalogue systems together and will enable us to locate books worldwide.
- Linking book titles to Book details page
- Put link around book title. Then copy Book record card into the linked blank page and fill in details.
- Correct spelling and punctuation.
- This help is always useful and adds to the professional appearance of the site.
- Remove unneeded links
- As the articles have been copied from Wikipedia they contain links to places, to general categories of things (human beings, animals, centuries etc) or to non-psychological categories that we do not need on this site. You can help by taking away the pairs of square brackets around these words to remove the link.
- Remove inappropriate content
- Some of the articles copied from Wikipedia contain information not relevant to an academic psychology site and this can be deleted.
- Improve our list of Journals
- The web page address of each journal needs checking and including against the journal name on the list. list your progress on the discussion page so people know what has been done.
- Then for each journal the Journal record card text needs copying onto their page and the information filling in.
- Improve an article
- Articles in Category:Pages needing expert attention are listed on the link at the foot of this page. If you have a particular interest in a field these articles would benefit from you attention.
Please use this post as REFERENCE ONLY - Discuss this list of Tasks at the MAIN ARTICLE.