Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Source: Theoretical Biology and Biophysics Group, Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Cite: Kuiken, C., Foley, B., Hahn, B., Marx, P., McCutchan, F., Mellors, J. W., Mullins, J., Wolinsky, S. & Korber, B. (1999). A compilation and analysis of nucleic acid and amino acid sequences. In Human Retroviruses and AIDS. Los Alamos, New Mexico: Theoretical Biology and Biophysics Group, Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Description: Phylogenetic Tree of the SIV and HIV viruses. (click on image for detailed description.)
Viruses Depicted in HIV-SIV Phylogenetic Tree
- HIV-1 M (Main) group, including reference strains from subtypes A-J. Group M is responsible for the pandemic.
- HIV-1 O (Outlier) group, most commonly found in West Africa
- HIV-1 N (Not-M, Not-O) group, found in a very small number of individuals in West Africa
- HIV-1 M group reference strains: A_UG.U455, A_KE.Q2317, B_US.JRFL, B_US.WEAU160, C_ET.ETH2220, C_IN.21068, D_ZR.NDK, D_ZR.ELI, F_FI.FIN6393, F_BE.VI850, G_SE.SE6165, G_BE.DRCBL, H_CF.90CF056, H_BE.VI997, J_SE.SE91733, J_SE.SE92809, and CRF01 AE_CF.90CF402 and AE_TH.CM240, which are subtype A in pol.
- HIV-1 N group: N_CM.YBF30
- HIV-1 O group: O_CM.ANT70, O_CM.MVP5180
- HIV-2 subtypes A and B: H2A_DE.BEN, H2A_SN.ST, H2B_GH.D205, and H2B_CI.EHO
- SIVcpz from chimpanzee Pan troglodytes troglodytes (P.t.t.):
- SIVcpz.GAB, SIVcpz.US, and SIVcpz.Cam3
- SIVcpz from chimpanzee Pan troglodytes shweinfuthii (P.t.s.): SIVcpz.ANT
- SIV African Green Monkey (SIVagm):
- Tantalus (TAN): SIVagm.TAN1
- Vervet (VER): SIVagm.VERTYO, SIVagm.VERAGM3, SIVagm.VER9063, SIVagm.VER155
- Grivet (GRI): SIVagm.GRI677
- Sabaeus (SAB): SIVagm.SAB1C
- SIV Sooty Mangaby (SIVsm) (also found in macaques): SIVsm.mac251, SIVsm.smm9
- SIV L’hoest: SIV.LHOEST
- SIV Mandrill: SIV.MNDGB1
- SIV Sun: SIV.SUN
| This image is a work of a United States Department of Energy (or predecessor organization) employee, taken or made during the course of an employee's official duties. As a work of the U.S. federal government, the image is in the public domain.
Please note that national laboratories operate under varying licences and some are not free. Check |
|This page uses content from the Wikimedia Commons. The original content was at File:HIV-SIV-phylogenetic-tree.png. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Psychology Wiki wiki, that portion of the content of Wikimedia Commons is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||10:32, November 5, 2007||1,681 × 1,460 (64 KB)||PhloxBot||'''Source:''' Theoretical Biology and Biophysics Group, Los Alamos National Laboratory. '''Cite:''' Kuiken, C., Foley, B., Hahn, B., Marx, P., McCutchan, F., Mellors, J. W., Mullins, J., Wolinsky, S. & Korber, B. (1999). A compilation and analysis of nu|