Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
References & BibliographyEdit
- Lobban,F. and Barrowclough C.(Eds.)(2009) A Casebook of Family Interventions for Psychosis.Chichester: Wiley and Sons.
- Addington, J., Addington, D., Jones, B. & Ko, T. (2001). Family intervention in an early psychosis program. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Skills, 5 (2), 272-286
- Addington, J. & Burnett, P (2004). Working with families in the early stages of psychosis. In P. McGorry & Jo Gleeson (Eds.) Psychological Interventions in Early Psychosis: A Practical Treatment Handbook Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Addington, J., Coldham, E.L., Jones, B., Ko, T., Addington, D. (2002). Family work in an early psychosis programme: A longitudinal study. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 106, (Suppl. 413), 101.
- Addington, J., Coldham, E.L., Jones, B., Ko, T., Addington, D. (2003). The first episode of psychosis: the experience of relatives. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 108, 285-289.
- Addington, J., Collins, A., McCleery, A., & Addington, D. (2005b). The role of family work in early psychosis. Schizophrenia Research, 79, 77-83.
- Addington, J., McCleery, A. & Addington, D. (2005a). Three-year outcome of family work in an early psychosis program. Schizophrenia Research, 79, 107-116.
- Askey, R., Gamble, C. and Gray, R. (2007). Family work in first-onset psychosis: A literature review. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing , 14: 356-365.
- Bachmann, S., Bottmer, C., Jacob, S., Kronmuller, K.T., Backenstrass, M., Mundt, C., Renneberg, B., Fiedler, P. & Schroder, J. (2002). Expressed emotion in relatives of first-episode and chronic patients with schizophrenia and major depressive disorder – a comparison. Psychiatry Research, 112, 239-250
- Boydell, K.M., Gladstone, B.M. & Volpe, T. (2006). Understanding help-seeking delay in the prodrome to first episode psychosis: A secondary analysis of the perspectives of young people. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, 30(1), 54-60.
- Brabban, A. & Kelly, M. (2006). Training in Psychosocial Interventions within Early Psychosis Teams: A National Survey. NIMHE/CSIP National PSI Implementation Group.
- Burbach, F., Fadden, G. & Smith, J. (2009, in press). Family interventions for First Episode Psychosis In P. French, M. Read, J. Smith, M. Rayne, & D. Shiers: Promoting Recovery in Early Psychosis. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Burns, E.J. & Schulz, C.L. (2001). Nonfinite Grief and Loss. A Psychoeducational Approach. Baltimore: PH Brookes Publishing Company.
- Compton, M.T., Kaslow, N.J. & Walker, E.F. (2004). Observations on parent/family factors that may influence the duration of untreated psychosis among African American first-episode schizophrenia-spectrum patients. Schizophrenia Research, 68, 373-385.
- Corcoran, C., Gerson, R., Sills-Shahar, R., Nickou, C., McGlashan, T., Malaspina, D. & Davidson, L. (2007) Trajectory to a first episode of psychosis: a qualitative research study with families. Early Intervention in Psychiatry, 1, 308-315.
- De Haan, L., Peters, B., Dingemans, P., Wouters, L. & Linszen, D. (2002). Attitudes of patients toward the first psychotic episode and the start of treatment. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 28(3), 431-442.
- De Haan, L., Welborn, K., Krikke, M. & Linszen, D.H. (2004). Opinions of mothers on the first psychotic episode and the start of treatment of their child. European Psychiatry, 19, 226-229.
- Department of Health, (2001). The Mental Health Policy Implementation Guide. London:HMSO.
- Early Psychosis Prevention and Intervention Centre (EPPIC). (1997). Working with Families in Early Psychosis. No. 2 in a Series of Early Psychosis manuals. Victoria, Australia: Psychiatric Services Branch, Human Services.
- Fadden, G., Birchwood, M., Jackson, C. & Barton, K (2004). Psychological therapies: implementation in early intervention services. In P. McGorry & Jo Gleeson (Eds.) Psychological Interventions in Early Psychosis: A Practical Treatment Handbook. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Fadden, G. & Smith, J., (2009, in press). Family work in early psychosis. In F. Lobban & C. Barrowclough, A Casebook of Family Interventions for Psychosis. Chichester: Wiley and Sons.
- Falloon, I.R.H., Fadden, G., Mueser, K., Gingerich, S., Rappaport, S., McGill, C., Graham-Hole, V. & Gair, F. (2004). Family Work Manual. Birmingham: Meriden Family Programme.
- Fisher, H., Bordass, E., & Steele, H. (2004), Siblings’ experience of having a brother or sister with first-episode psychosis. Schizophrenia Research, 70 (Supplement 1), 88.
- Gibbons, J.S., Horn, S.H., Powell, J.M. & Gibbons, J.L. (1984). Schizophrenic patients and their families: a survey in a psychiatric service based on a DGH unit. British Journal of Psychiatry, 144, 70-77
- Gleeson, J., Jackson, H.J., Staveley, H. & Burnett, P. (1999). Family intervention in early psychosis. In P.D. McGorry, & H.J. Jackson, (Eds.), The Recognition and Management of Early Psychosis. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Goldstein, M.J., Rodnick, E.H., Evans, J.R., May, P.R.A., and Steinberg, M.R. (1978). Drug and family therapy in the aftercare of acute schizophrenia. Archives of General Psychiatry, 35, 1169-1177.
- Gopinath, P.S. & Chaturvedi, S.K. (1993). Distressing behaviour of schizophrenics at home. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 88, 221-222.
- Haddock, G. & Lewis, S. (2005). Psychological interventions in early psychosis. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 31, 697-704.
- Heikkila, J., Kartsson, H., Taminien, T., Lauerma, H., Ilonen, T., Leinonen, K.M., Wallenious, E., Virtanen, H., *Heisimaa, M., Koponen, S., Jalo, P., Kaljonen, A. & Salakangas, R.K. (2002). Expressed emotion is not associated with disorder severity in first episode mental disorder. Psychiatry Research, 111, 155-165
- Huguelet, P., Favre, S., Binyet, S., Gonzalez, C. & Zambala, I. (1995). The use of the Expressed Emotion Index as a predictor of outcome in first admitted psychiatric patients in a French speaking area of Switzerland. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 92, 447-452
- Initiative to reduce the impact of schizophrenia (IRIS) (xxxx) Guidelines for early intervention in psychosis.
- Jones, D.W. (2004). Families and serious mental illness: Working with loss and ambivalence. British Journal of Social Work, 34(7), 961-979.
- Kelly, M., O’Meara Howard, A.. & Smith, J. (2007). Early Intervention in psychosis: A rural perspective. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 14, 203-208.
- Kuipers, E. & Ruane, D. (2000). EE and burden in first onset psychosis. In M. Birchwood, D. Fowler & C. Jackson (Eds.). Psychosis: Psychological Approaches and their Effectiveness. London: Gaskell Press.
- Lafond, V. (2002). Grieving Mental Illness: A Guide for Patients and their Caregivers. Toronto: University of Toronto Press Inc.
- Lehtinen, K. (1993). Need-adapted treatment of schizophrenia: a five-year follow-up study from the Turku project. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 87, 96-101
- Linszen, D., Dingemans, P., Van der Does, JW., Nugter, A,. Scholte, P., Lenior, R. & Goldstein, M.J. (1996). Treatment, expressed emotion and relapse in recent onset schizophrenic disorders. Psychological Medicine, 26, 333-242
- Martens, L., & Addington, J. (2001). Psychological well-being of family members with schizophrenia. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 36, 128-133
- Miller, F. (1996). Grief therapy for relatives of persons with serious mental illness. Psychiatric Services, 47, 633-637
- Newstead, L. & Kelly, M. (2003). Early intervention in psychosis: who wins, who loses, who pays the price? Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 10, 83-88
- O’Brien, M.P., Zinberg, J.L., Bearden, C.E., Daley, M., Niendam, T.A., Kopelowicz & Cannon, T.D. (2007). Psychoeducational multi-family group treatment with adolescents at high risk for developing psychosis. Early Intervention in Psychiatry, 1, 325-332.
- Patterson, P., Birchwood, M. & Cochrane, R. (2000). Preventing the entrenchment of high expressed emotion in first episode psychosis: early developmental attachments pathways. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 34, S191-197.
- Penn, D.L., Waldheter, E.J., Perkins, D.O., Mueser, K.T. & Lieberman, J.A. (2005). Psychosocial treatment for first-episode psychosis: A research update. American Journal of Psychiatry, 162, 2220-2232.
- Raune, D., Kuipers, E. & Bebbington, P.E. (2004). Expressed emotion at first-episode psychosis: investigating a carer appraisal model. British Journal of Psychiatry, 184, 321-326
- Rund, B.R., Aeie, M., Borchgrevink, T.S. & Fjell, A. (1995). Expressed emotion, communication deviance and schizophrenia. Psychopathology, 28, 220-228
- Sin, J., Moone, N. & Wellman, N. (2005). Developing services for the carers of young adults with early-onset psychosis – listening to their experiences and needs. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 12, 589-597.
- Sin, J., Moone, N. & Newell, J. (2007). Developing services for the carers of young adults with with early-onset psychosis – implementing evidence-based practice on psycho-educational family intervention. Journal of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 14, 282-290.
- Singh, S.P. & Grange, T. (2006). Measuring pathways to care in first-episode psychosis: A systematic review. Schizophrenia Research, 81, 75-82.
- Slade, M., Holloway, F. & Kuipers, E. (2004). Skills development and family interventions in an early psychosis service. Journal of Mental Health, 12 (4), 405-415
- Smith,J. Fadden, G. and O’Shea, M.(2009, In Press) Interventions with siblings. In F. Lobban and C. Barrowclough (Eds.) A Casebook of Family Interventions for Psychosis.Chichester: Wiley and Sons
- Smith,J. Fadden,G. and Taylor,L.(2009, In Press) The Needs of siblings in First Episode Psychosis In P.French, M.Reed, J.Smith, M.Rayne and D.Shiers (Eds)
Early Intervention in Psychosis: Promoting Recovery. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Tennakoon, L., Fannon, D., Doku, V., O’Ceallaigh, S., Soni, W. & Santamaria, M. (2000). Experience of care-giving: relatives of people experiencing a first episode of psychosis. British Journal of Psychiatry, 177, 529-533
- White, A. (2002). Working with families: Evaluation of an integrated positive approach to recent onset psychosis. Presentation at the BABCP 30th Anniversary Annual Conference. University of Warwick, UK.
- Wolthaus, J.E.D., Dingemans, P.M.A.J., Schene, A.H., Linszen, D.H., Wiersma, D., Van Den Bosch, R.J., Cahn, W. & *Hijman, R. (2002). Caregiver burden in recent onset schizophrenia and spectrum disorders: The influence of symptoms and personality traits. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 190, 241-247
- Yang, L H., Phillips, M.R, Licht, D.M, & Healey, J.M (2004). Causal attributions about schizophrenia in families in China: Expressed emotion and patient relapse. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 113, (4), 592-602
- Zhang, M., Wang, M., Li, J. & Phillips, M.R. (1994). Randomised-control trial of family intervention for 78 first-episode male schizophrenic patients. British Journal of Psychiatry, 165(24) (Supplement), 96-102
- Zubin, J. & Spring, B. (1977). Vulnerability – a new view of schizophrenia. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 86, 103-126.