Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Facility discharge relates to the policies, procedures and consequences of discharge from hospital and other treatment facilities.
- Client transfer
- Discharge planning
- Facility admission
- Hospital discharge
- Institutional release
- Posttreatment followup
- Psychiatric hospital discharge
- Treatment termination
- Ackerson, B. J. (1999). Predictors of life satisfaction in psychiatric rehabilitation: A retrospective case review. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Andrews, M. B. (1992). Predictors of community adjustment in dually diagnosed adolescents and young adults discharged from a residential treatment facility: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Anthony, W. A., Brown, M. A., Rogers, E. S., & Derringer, S. (1999). A supported living/supported employment program for reducing the number of people in institutions: Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal Vol 23(1) Sum 1999, 57-61.
- Arad, I., Netzer, D., & Haramati, Z. (2007). The impact of nurses and mothers signing the discharge letter on maternal knowledge and satisfaction after discharge from a neonatal unit: A before and after study: International Journal of Nursing Studies Vol 44(7) Sep 2007, 1102-1108.
- Asarnow, J. R., Aoki, W., & Elson, S. (1996). Children in residential treatment: A follow-up study: Journal of Clinical Child Psychology Vol 25(2) Jun 1996, 209-214.
- Biehal, N. (2007). Reuniting children with their families: Reconsidering the evidence on timing, contact and outcomes: British Journal of Social Work Vol 37(5) Jul 2007, 807-823.
- Booth, B. M., Cook, C. L., & Blow, F. C. (1992). Comorbid mental disorders in patients with AMA discharges from alcoholism treatment: Hospital & Community Psychiatry Vol 43(7) Jul 1992, 730-731.
- Booth, T., Simons, K., & Booth, W. (1989). Moving out: Insiders' views of relocation: British Journal of Social Work Vol 19(5) Oct 1989, 369-385.
- Burks, J. (1995). Edgewood Childrens' Center outcome study 1991/1992: Residential Treatment for Children & Youth Vol 13(2) 1995, 31-40.
- Carran, D. T., Nemerofsky, A., Rock, E. E., & Kerins, M. (1996). Risk of unsuccessful program completion for students with serious emotional/behavioral disorders: An epidemiological risk analysis: Behavioral Disorders Vol 21(2) Feb 1996, 172-189.
- Coffey, M., & Jenkins, E. (2002). Power and control: Forensic community mental health nurses' perceptions of team-working, legal sanction and compliance: Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Vol 9(5) Oct 2002, 521-529.
- Cohen, A., & Hannigan, P. (1978). Every silver lining has a cloud: or How to do yourself out of a job as a data analyst: American Psychologist Vol 33(12) Dec 1978, 1144-1145.
- Crumpton, L., Stolp, C., & Warner, D. (1990). California discharge data: Hospital & Community Psychiatry Vol 41(9) Sep 1990, 1026-1027.
- Dent, O. B., & Aaronson, A. L. (1993). Judged levels of success upon discharge from Department of Veterans Affairs domiciliaries: Journal of Clinical Psychology Vol 49(1) Jan 1993, 117-120.
- Devitt, P. J., Devitt, A. C., & Dewan, M. (2000). Does identifying a discharge as "against medical advice" confer legal protection? : The Journal of Family Practice Vol 49(3) Mar 2000, 224-227.
- Donato, D., & Maxey, J. T. (1992). A discharge survey of twenty day treatment program patients: International Journal of Partial Hospitalization Vol 8(2) Dec 1992, 107-118.
- Dorling, J. S., & Field, D. J. (2006). Follow up of infants following discharge from the neonatal unit: Structure and process: Early Human Development Vol 82(3) Mar 2006, 151-156.
- Engle, V. F., & Graney, M. J. (1993). Predicting outcomes of nursing home residents: Death and discharge home: Journals of Gerontology Vol 48(5) Sep 1993, S269-S275.
- Feder, L. (1991). A profile of mentally ill offenders and their adjustment in the community: Journal of Psychiatry & Law Vol 19(1-2) Spr-Sum 1991, 79-98.
- Felberg, R. E., & Helmen Borge, A. I. (1997). Level of functioning in patients who have completed treatment at a psychiatric clinic: Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening Vol 34(10) Sep 1997, 878-884.
- Foster, E. M. (1998). Does the continuum of care improve the timing of follow-up services? : Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Vol 37(8) Aug 1998, 805-814.
- Galaway, B., Nutter, R. W., & Hudson, J. (1995). Relationship between discharge outcomes for treatment foster-care clients and program characteristics: Journal of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders Vol 3(1) Jan 1995, 46-54.
- Garrard, J., Kane, R. L., Radosevich, D. M., Skay, C. L., & et al. (1990). Impact of geriatric nurse practitioners on nursing-home residents' functional status, satisfaction, and discharge outcomes: Medical Care Vol 28(3) Mar 1990, 271-283.
- Godley, M. D., Godley, S. H., Dennis, M. L., Funk, R., & Passetti, L. L. (2002). Preliminary outcomes from the assertive continuing care experiment for adolescents discharged from residential treatment: Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment Vol 23(1) Jul 2002, 21-32.
- Godley, M. D., Godley, S. H., Funk, R. R., Dennis, M. L., & Loveland, D. (2001). Discharge status as a performance indicator: Can it predict adolescent substance abuse treatment outcome? : Journal of Child & Adolescent Substance Abuse Vol 11(1) 2001, 91-109.
- Grant, J. S., Glandon, G. L., Elliott, T. R., Giger, J. N., & Weaver, M. (2006). Problems and Associated Feelings Experienced by Family Caregivers of Stroke Survivors the Second and Third Month Postdischarge: Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation Vol 13(3) Sum 2006, 66-74.
- Grella, C. E., Anglin, M. D., Wugalter, S. E., Rawson, R. A., & et al. (1994). Reasons for discharge from methadone maintenance for addicts at high risk of HIV infection or transmission: Journal of Psychoactive Drugs Vol 26(2) Apr-Jun 1994, 223-232.
- Gruneir, A., Miller, S. C., Lapane, K. L., & Kinzbrunner, B. (2006). Hospice Care in the Nursing Home: Changes in Visit Volume from Enrollment to Discharge Among Longer-Stay Residents: Journal of Pain and Symptom Management Vol 32(5) Nov 2006, 478-487.
- Guthmann, D., & Blozis, S. A. (2001). Unique issues faced by deaf individuals entering substance abuse treatment and following discharge: American Annals of the Deaf Vol 146(3) Jul 2001, 294-303.
- Haller, D. L., Miles, D. R., & Cropsey, K. L. (2004). Smoking stage of change is associated with retention in a smoke-free residential drug treatment program for women: Addictive Behaviors Vol 29(6) Aug 2004, 1265-1270.
- Hammaker, R., & Marshall, S. (1996). The impact of the institutional discharge project on the use of the state hospital and correctional facilities: A six-year study: Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal Vol 20(2) Oct 1996, 50-58.
- Harwood, K. J., & Wenzl, D. (1990). Admissions to discharge: A psychogeriatric transitional program: Occupational Therapy in Mental Health Vol 10(3) 1990, 79-100.
- Hatfield, B., Shaw, J., Pinfold, V., Bindman, J., Evans, S., Huxley, P., et al. (2001). Managing severe mental illness in the community using the Mental Health Act 1983: A comparison of Supervised Discharge and Guardianship in England: Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology Vol 36(10) 2001, 508-515.
- Hawley, C. A., & Maden, A. (2003). Mentally disordered offenders with a history of previous head injury: Are they more difficult to discharge? : Brain Injury Vol 17(9) Sep 2003, 743-758.
- Heinz, G., & Mayrl, J. (1988). Treatment of mentally ill offenders in a day hospital: A new rehabilitation method: Nervenarzt Vol 59(6) Jun 1988, 350-355.
- Helberg, J. L. (1993). Patients' status at home care discharge: IMAGE: Journal of Nursing Scholarship Vol 25(2) Sum 1993, 93-99.
- Hochbaum, M., & Galkin, F. (1985). Discharge planning: No deposit, no return. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Publishers.
- Hoshino, J., Hamahata, A., & Magilvy, J. K. (2006). Differences in plans for living at home between temporary residents of a health-care facility for the elderly and their family caregivers in Japan: Japan Journal of Nursing Science Vol 3(1) Jun 2006, 23-30.
- Hubbard, R. L., Leimberger, J. D., Haynes, L., Patkar, A. A., Holter, J., Liepman, M. R., et al. (2007). Telephone enhancement of long-term engagement (TELE) in continuing care for substance abuse treatment: A NIDA clinical trials network (CTN) study: The American Journal on Addictions Vol 16(6) Nov 2007, 495-502.
- Jenkins, E., & Coffey, M. (2002). Compelled to interact: Forensic community mental health nurses' and service users' relationships: Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Vol 9(5) Oct 2002, 553-562.
- Klopf, J. (2005). Personality disorders: Psychophysiological and neuropsychological correlates of risk: Psychiatria Danubina Vol 17(3-4) Dec 2005, 159-166.
- Kopetz, S., Steele, C. D., Brandt, J., Baker, A., Kronberg, M., Galik, E., et al. (2000). Characteristics and outcomes of dementia residents in an assisted living facility: International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry Vol 15(7) Jul 2000, 586-593.
- Kranzler, H. R., & Wallington, D. J. (1992). Serum prolactin level, craving, and early discharge from treatment in cocaine-dependent patients: American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse Vol 18(2) Jun 1992, 187-195.
- Kumar, A., & Agarwal, M. (1996). Discharge prospects of a mental handicap population: A survey of nursing perceptions: British Journal of Developmental Disabilities Vol 42(82, Pt 1) Jan 1996, 63-69.
- Leichtman, M., & Leichtman, M. L. (2001). Facilitating the transition from residential treatment into the community: I. The problem: Residential Treatment for Children & Youth Vol 19(1) 2001, 21-27.
- Linhorst, D. M. (1999). The unconditional release of mentally ill offenders from indefinite commitment: A study of Missouri insanity acquittees: Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law Vol 27(4) 1999, 563-579.
- Maden, A., Scott, F., Burnett, R., Lewis, G. H., & Skapinakis, P. (2004). Offending in psychiatric patients after discharge from medium secure units: Prospective national cohort study: BMJ: British Medical Journal Vol 328(7455) Jun 2004, 1534.
- Mak, K.-y., & Gow, L. (1991). The living conditions of psychiatric patients discharged from half-way houses in Hong Kong: International Journal of Social Psychiatry Vol 37(2) Sum 1991, 107-112.
- Markey, J. F. (1990). Conformity in prison: An analysis of the behavioral effect of release: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- McDonald, D. L. (1995). Criteria for termination in case management for mental health practitioners. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- McGill, P., & Mansell, J. (1995). Community placements for people with severe and profound learning disabilities and serious challenging behaviour: Individual illustrations of issues and problems: Journal of Mental Health Vol 4(2) Apr 1995, 183-198.
- McWilliam, C. L., Brown, J. B., Carmichael, J. L., & Lehman, J. M. (1994). A new perspective on threatened autonomy in elderly persons: The disempowering process: Social Science & Medicine Vol 38(2) Jan 1994, 327-338.
- Mitchell, L. W. (2002). MMPI-2 profile patterns in relationship to discharge status from a residential substance abuse treatment facility. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Moroney, J. T., & Desmond, D. W. (1997). "Factors predictive of stroke outcome in a rehabilitative setting": Comment: Neurology Vol 48(5) May 1997, 1475-1477.
- Park, J. M., Metraux, S., Brodbar, G., & Culhane, D. P. (2004). Public Shelter Admission among Young Adults with Child Welfare Histories by Type of Service and Type of Exit: Social Service Review Vol 78(2) Jun 2004, 284-303.
- Penrod, J. D., Kane, R. A., & Kane, R. L. (2000). Effects of posthospital informal care on nursing home discharge: Research on Aging Vol 22(1) Jan 2000, 66-82.
- Penzerro, R. M., & Lein, L. (1995). Burning their bridges: Disordered attachment and foster care discharge: Child Welfare Journal Vol 74(2) Mar-Apr 1995, 351-366.
- Porporino, F. J., & Motiuk, L. L. (1995). The prison careers of mentally disordered offenders: International Journal of Law and Psychiatry Vol 18(1) Win 1995, 29-44.
- Potkin, S. G., Gharabawi, G. M., Greenspan, A. J., Rupnow, M. F. T., Kosik-Gonzalez, C., Remington, G., et al. (2005). Psychometric evaluation of the Readiness for Discharge Questionnaire: Schizophrenia Research Vol 80(2-3) Dec 2005, 203-212.
- Proot, I. M., Crebolder, H. F. J. M., Abu-Saad, H. H., Macor, T. H. G. M., & Ter Meulen, R. H. J. (2000). Stroke patients' needs and experiences regarding autonomy at discharge from nursing home: Patient Education and Counseling Vol 41(3) Oct-Nov 2000, 275-283.
- Retsinas, J., & Garrity, P. (1988). Testing nursing home iatrogenesis: International Journal of Aging & Human Development Vol 26(1) 1988, 57-69.
- Rohricht, F., Priebe, S., & Privat, D. (2000). Body image and anxiety in paranoid schizophrenia. Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers.
- Salgado, R., Ehrlich, F., Banks, C., Browne, E., & et al. (1995). A mobile rehabilitation team program to assist patients in nursing homes rehabilitate and return to their homes: Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics Vol 20(3) May-Jun 1995, 255-261.
- Schlank, A., & Bidelman, P. (2001). Transition--Challenges for the offender and the community. Kingston, NJ: Civic Research Institute.
- Scott-Moncrieff, L. (2002). The law relating to conditional discharge and recall in the UK: Journal of Forensic Psychiatry Vol 13(3) Dec 2002, 637-661.
- Scrive, T. (1991). Psychotherapy for the institutionalized child: International Journal of Mental Health Vol 20(3) Fal 1991, 65-69.
- Segal, U. A., & Schwartz, S. (1987). Admission-discharge patterns of children in emergency treatment shelters: Implications for child and youth care practitioners: Child & Youth Care Quarterly Vol 16(4) Win 1987, 263-271.
- Shewan, D., Hammersley, R., Oliver, J., & MacPherson, S. (2000). Fatal drug overdose after liberation from prison: A retrospective study of female ex-prisoners from Strathclyde region (Scotland): Addiction Research Vol 8(3) 2000, 267-278.
- Solomon, B. S., & Gentry, L. A. (1997). "Factors predictive of stroke outcome in a rehabilitative setting": Comment: Neurology Vol 48(5) May 1997, 1476-1477.
- Solomon, P., & Draine, J. (1995). Issues in serving the forensic client: Social Work Vol 40(1) Jan 1995, 25-33.
- Stage, S. A. (1999). Predicting adolescents' discharge status following residential treatment: Residential Treatment for Children & Youth Vol 16(3) 1999, 37-56.
- Sunseri, P. A. (2004). Family Functioning and Residential Treatment Outcomes: Residential Treatment for Children & Youth Vol 22(1) 2004, 33-53.
- Susser, E., Valencia, E., Conover, S., Felix, A., Tsai, W.-Y., & Wyatt, R. J. (1997). Preventing recurrent homelessness among mentally ill men: A "critical time" intervention after discharge from a shelter: American Journal of Public Health Vol 87(2) Feb 1997, 256-262.
- Szmukler, G. (2005). Review of Release decision making: Assessing violence risk in mental health, forensic, and correctional settings: Journal of Forensic Psychiatry & Psychology Vol 16(2) Jun 2005, 438-439.
- Teare, J. F., Furst, D. W., Peterson, R. W., & Authier, K. (1992). Family reunification following shelter placement: Child, family, and program correlates: American Journal of Orthopsychiatry Vol 62(1) Jan 1992, 142-146.
- Unsworth, C. A., & Thomas, S. A. (1993). Information use in discharge accommodation recommendations for stroke patients: Clinical Rehabilitation Vol 7(3) 1993, 181-188.
- Ween, J. E., & Alexander, M. P. (1997). "Factors predictive of stroke outcome in a rehabilitative setting": Reply: Neurology Vol 48(5) May 1997, 1476.
- Ween, J. E., Alexander, M. P., D'Esposito, M., & Roberts, M. (1996). Factors predictive of stroke outcome in a rehabilitation setting: Neurology Vol 47(2) Aug 1996, 388-392.
- Wenzel, S. L., Bakhtiar, L., Caskey, N. H., Hayride, E., & et al. (1995). Predictors of homeless veterans' irregular discharge status from a domiciliary care program: Journal of Mental Health Administration Vol 22(3) Sum 1995, 245-260.