Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Facilitation concerns itself with all the tasks needed to run a productive and impartial meeting. Facilitation serves the needs of the group in its decision-making. It does not lead the group, nor does it try to distract or to entertain.
Aspects of facilitation Edit
- The role of the facilitator
- Making arrangements for the meeting
- Setting the agenda
- Understanding group norms
- Understanding group process
The role of the facilitatorEdit
See the facilitator article for details of exactly how a facilitator might run a meeting.
Prior to a meeting, facilitators:
- research the meeting before it happens
- find out the purpose and goal (if any) of the meeting
- establish who needs to attend
- draw up a draft agenda and design the group processes to attain the necessary results
- share the agenda with potential attendees, changing it as necessary
- ensure everyone gets fully briefed for the meeting and that everyone knows the purpose and potential consequences of the meeting
Facilitators then run the meeting, taking care that it stays on the agreed agenda and keeping an eye on the allocated time. They ensure the recording (with an agreed phraseology) of agreements. They may also note unresolved issues for later debate.
The facilitator may write up and publish the results of the meeting to everyone concerned including those who could not attend.
Principles of facilitation Edit
- Statement of Values and Code of Ethics for Group Facilitators
- Teach them to fish: helping people "do it themselves"
- When the true leader leads the people say, "We did it ourselves"
- The International Association of Facilitators: http://www.iaf-world.org/
- The International Association of Facilitators Methods Database: http://www.iaf-methods.org/
- The Group Facilitation Listserv: http://www.albany.edu/cpr/gf/
- The Master Facilitator Journal: http://www.masterfacilitatorjournal.com/home.html
- Sandy Schuman (Editor). The IAF Handbook of Group Facilitation: Best Practices from the Leading Organization in Facilitation. Jossey-Bass, 2005. ISBN 0-7879-7160-X
- Roger Schwarz (Author); The Skilled Facilitator; Jossey-Bass ; ISBN 0-7879-4723-7 (New & Revised July 2002)
- Thomas Kayser; Mining Group Gold; McGraw Hill - 1995.de:Facilitation
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|