Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
|dopamine beta-hydroxylase (dopamine beta-monooxygenase)|
DBH is a 290 kDa copper-containing oxygenase consisting of four identical subunits, and its activity requires ascorbate as a cofactor.  It is the only enzyme involved in the synthesis of small-molecule neurotransmitters that is membrane-bound, making norepinephrine and epinephrine the only transmitters synthesized inside vesicles. It is expressed in noredrenergic nerve terminals of the central and peripheral nervous systems, as well as in chromaffin cells of the adrenal medulla.
- ↑ Rush RA, Geffen LB (1980). Dopamine beta-hydroxylase in health and disease.. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 12 (3): 241-77.
- ↑ Goldstein M, Anagnoste B, Lauber E, McKeregham MR (1964). Inhibition of dopamine-beta-hydroxylase by Disulfiram.. Life Sci 3: 763-7.
- ↑ Goldstein M, Lauber E, McKeregham MR (1964). Inhibition of dopamine-beta-hydroxylase by tropolone and other chelating agents.. Biochem Pharmacol 13: 1103-6.
- ↑ Stanley WC et. al. (1997). Catecholamine modulatory effects of nepicastat (RS-25560-197), a novel, potent and selective inhibitor of dopamine-beta-hydroxylase. 121 (8): 1803-9.
- ↑ Yang M, Zhao X, Miselis R (1999). The origin of catecholaminergic nerve fibers in the subdiaphragmatic vagus nerve of rat. J Auton Nerv Syst 76 (2-3): 108-17.
- REDIRECT Template:Dioxygenases
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|