Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
.Divergent thinking is an aspect of intelligence a thought process or method, which is usually applied with the goal to generate ideas. It is often used for creative and problem solving purposes in conjunction with Convergent thinking. There are different methods in divergent thinking.
Methods and techniquesEdit
- breaking components into sections for modular analysis
- keeping a journal
- mind and subject mapping
- great thinking
- taking time to think
- art work
- identifying importance
- understanding the parts that comprise the topic
- types of change present
- taking stock of known and unknown qualities
- moral classification
- Convergent and divergent production
- Declarative knowledge
- Inductive deductive reasoning
- Procedural knowledge
- University of Washington - "Strategies of Divergent Thinking"
- University of Wisconsin - "Divergent Thinking Abilities"
- Learning and Teaching: Convergent and Divergent Thinking Styles
- Musicians use both sides of their brains more frequently than average people