Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
|File:Developmental Psychology (journal).gif|
|Abbreviated title (ISO)||Dev. Psychol.|
|Edited by||Jacquelynne S. Eccles|
|Publisher||American Psychological Association (United States)|
|OCLC number||Template:OCLC search link|
|* Journal homepage|
Developmental Psychology is a peer-reviewed academic journal published by the American Psychological Association since 1969, covering developmental psychology. The first editor-in-chief was Boyd R. McCandless (Emory University).
- Description of subject matter covered:
- From the website:
- Developmental Psychology publishes articles that advance knowledge and theory about development across the life span. The journal includes significant empirical contributions as well as scholarly reviews and theoretical or methodological articles. Studies of any aspect of psychological development are appropriate, as are studies of the biological, social, and cultural factors that affect development.
- The journal welcomes not only laboratory-based experimental studies but studies employing other rigorous methodologies, such as ethnographies, field research, and secondary analyses of large data sets. We especially seek submissions in new areas of inquiry and submissions that will address contradictory findings or controversies in the field as well as the generalizability of extant findings in new populations.
- Although most articles in this journal address human development, studies of other species are appropriate if they have important implications for human development.
- Submissions can consist of single manuscripts, proposed sections, or short reports.
- Office address:
- American Psychological Association
- Journals Department
- 750 First Street, NE
- Washington, DC 20002-4242
- Contact numbers:
- Phone: 800-374-2721 • 202-336-5540
- TDD/TTY: 202-336-6123
- Fax: 202-336-5549
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web presence: APA page
- Submission details: 
- Publication frequency: Bimonthly, beginning in January
- Language: English
- Cost etc.: 
Full texts available onlineEdit
Volume 47 (2011)Edit
Volume 46 (2010)Edit
Volume 45 (2009)Edit
Volume 44 (2008)Edit
- Steinberg, L., Albert, D., Cauffman, E., Banich, M., Graham, S., & Woolard, J. (2008). Age differences in sensation seeking and impulsivity as indexed by behavior and self-report: Evidence for a dual systems model. Developmental Psychology, 44, 1764-1777. Full text
Volume 43 (2007)Edit
- Steinberg, L., & Monahan, K. (2007). Age differences in resistance to peer influence. Developmental Psychology, 43, 1531-1543. Full text
Volume 42 (2006)Edit
Volume 41 (2005)Edit
- Vigil, J. M., Geary, D. C., & Byrd-Craven, J. (2005). A life history assessment of early childhood sexual abuse in women. Developmental Psychology, 41, 553-561. Full text