Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Personality characteristics of dental students Edit
Attitudes of dental studentsEdit
Ergonomics of dentistryEdit
Predicting the performance of dental studentsEdit
References & BibliographyEdit
- Margraf-Stiksrud, J. (1993). Motives and expectations of dental students: Prepared for future health care tasks? D-93018 Regensburg, Germany: S Roderer Verlag.
- Albanese, M. A., & Jacobs, R. M. (1990). Reliability and validity of a procedure to measure diagnostic reasoning and problem-solving skills taught in predoctoral orthodontic education: Evaluation & the Health Professions Vol 13(4) Dec 1990, 412-424.
- Ardenghi, D. M., Roth, W.-M., & Pozzer-Ardenghi, L. (2007). Responsibility in dental praxis: An activity theoretical perspective: Journal of Workplace Learning Vol 19(4) 2007, 240-255.
- Arn, L., Ottosson, J. O., & Perris, C. (1971). Attitudes towards mental disorders and mental care in university students: International Journal of Social Psychiatry Vol 17(4) Win 1971, 270-276.
- Barman, A., Jaafar, R., & Abd. Rahim, A. F. (2007). Perception of tutors about the problem-based learning sessions conducted for medical and dental schools' students of Universiti Sains Malaysia: International Medical Journal Vol 14(4) Dec 2007, 261-264.
- Barman, A., Jaafar, R., & Naing, N. N. (2006). Perception of students about the problem-based learning sessions conducted for medical and dental school's students of Universiti Sains Malaysia: Education for Health: Change in Learning & Practice Vol 19(3) Nov 2006, 363-368.
- Bass, R. K., King, A. D., & Hollway, J. A. (1987). Medical students and dental students: Are they the same in goals and aspirations? In type? : Educational & Psychological Research Vol 7(3) Sum 1987, 153-163.
- Bernstein, C. A., Rabkin, J. G., & Wolland, H. (1990). Medical and dental students' attitudes about the AIDS epidemic: Academic Medicine Vol 65(7) Jul 1990, 458-460.
- Blanchard, E. B. (1979). A note on the clinical utility of the Rathus Assertiveness Scale: Behavior Therapy Vol 10(4) Sep 1979, 571-574.
- Boroumand, S., Garcia, A. I., Selwitz, R. H., & Goodman, H. S. (2008). Knowledge and opinions regarding oral cancer among Maryland dental students: Journal of Cancer Education Vol 23(2) Apr-Jun 2008, 85-91.
- Brown, J. C., & Elmore, R. T. (1982). Interpersonal skills training for dental students: Psychological Reports Vol 50(2) Apr 1982, 390.
- Brown, R. S., Schwartz, J. L., Coleman-Bennett, M., & Sanders, C. F., Jr. (2000). The black and white of dental education in the United States: Enrollment and graduation trends: Journal of the National Medical Association Vol 92(11) Nov 2000, 536-543.
- Canakci, V., Cicek, Y., Canakci, C. F., Demir, T., Kavrut, F., Kara, C., et al. (2004). Effect of handedness on learning subgingival scaling with curettes: A study of manikins: International Journal of Neuroscience Vol 114(11) Nov 2004, 1463-1482.
- Carson, L., Drummond, J., & Newton, J. (2004). Social Perception in the Clinical Dental Encounter: The Matched-Guise Technique Re-visited: Psychology & Health Vol 19(5) Oct 2004, 667-683.
- Chng, C. L., Biernat, K. H., & Fridinger, F. (1990). A national study of the knowledge and attitudes of dental hygiene students on smokeless tobacco: Health Values: Health Behavior, Education & Promotion Vol 14(3) May-Jun 1990, 38-43.
- Daniel, N., Machado, P. F., Sala, M. A., & Komesu, M. C. (2004). Attitudes of Dental Students and Dental Professionals Caring for HIV-Positive Patients in Sao Paulo, Brazil: AIDS Patient Care and STDs Vol 18(2) Feb 2004, 63-65.
- DeAngelis, S. (2000). Equivalency of Computer-based and Paper-and-pencil Testing: Journal of Allied Health Vol 29(3) Fal 2000, 161-164.
- DeAngelis, S. (2003). Noncognitive Predictors of Academic Performance: Going Beyond the Traditional Measures: Journal of Allied Health Vol 32(1) Spr 2003, 52-57.
- Deneen, L. J. (1974). The effects of systematic human relations training on the interpersonal functioning of dental students and the characteristics of high and low functioning students: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Dismuke, S. E., & McClary, A. M. (1990). Evaluation of an educational program in preventive cardiology: American Journal of Preventive Medicine Vol 6(2) Mar-Apr 1990, 99-105.
- Domer, L. R. (1975). Dentist leader behavior and dental team effectiveness: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Driscoll, J. M. (1997). Exploring White dental students' willingness to provide dental care to people with human immunodeficiency virus disease. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Dummett, C. O., & Barens, G. (1985). Anxieties incidental to normal pigmentations of the oral mucosa: Military Medicine Vol 150(2) Feb 1985, 80-86.
- Dunning, D. G., & Lange, B. M. (1989). Male and female dental students' interaction with patients: A test of sex differences: Health Communication Vol 1(3) 1989, 155-163.
- Dunning, D. G., & Lange, B. M. (1993). "Direction" in male and female dental students' interaction with patients: A confirmation of similarities: Health Communication Vol 5(2) 1993, 129-136.
- Ebersohn, L., & Maree, J. G. (2003). Determining selection criteria for South African dentistry students: South African Journal of Psychology Vol 33(1) Mar 2003, 61-65.
- Eli, I. (1984). Professional socialization in dentistry: A longitudinal analysis of changes in students' expected professional rewards: Social Science & Medicine Vol 18(4) 1984, 297-302.
- Eli, I., & Shuval, J. T. (1982). Professional socialization in dentistry: A longitudinal analysis of attitude changes among dental students towards the dental profession: Social Science & Medicine Vol 16(9) 1982, 951-955.
- Freeman, R., Lindner, R. L., Rooney, J., & Narendran, S. (2000). Dental students in Northern Ireland in 1992 and 1995: Changing trends in psychological stress: Stress Medicine Vol 16(4) Jul 2000, 233-238.
- Gattie, G. J., & Bisantz, A. M. (2006). The effects of integrated cognitive feedback components and task conditions on training in a dental diagnosis task: International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics Vol 36(5) May 2006, 485-497.
- Gough, H. G., & Hall, W. B. (1973). A prospective study of personality changes in students in medicine, dentistry, and nursing: Research in Higher Education Vol 1(2) 1973, 127-140.
- Gouveia-Oliveira, A., Rodrigues, T., & Galvao de Melo, F. (1994). Computer education: Attitudes and opinions of first-year medical students: Medical Education Vol 28(6) Nov 1994, 501-507.
- Hafner, J. L., & Fakouri, M. E. (1984). Early recollections of individuals preparing for careers in clinical psychology, dentistry, and law: Journal of Vocational Behavior Vol 24(2) Apr 1984, 236-241.
- Hamby, C. L., & Shapiro, S. (1982). Females in dentistry: Variations in psychological androgyny: Psychological Reports Vol 51(3, Pt 1) Dec 1982, 863-866.
- Hiler, C. (2001). Psychological consultation in dental training: Journal of Psychotherapy in Independent Practice Vol 2(3) 2001, 91-104.
- Hirsch Kornreich, D. E. (1983). The relations between aptitudes and performance in dental education: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Hoppe, M. J. (1982). Relationship of selected rater characteristics and the evaluation of a complex dental psychomotor skill: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Jarrett, F. L., Johnson, R. A., & Darby, M. L. (1977). Creative thinking in dental hygiene students and professionals: Creative Child & Adult Quarterly Vol 2(4) Win 1977, 195-199.
- Koerber, A., Crawford, J., & O'Connell, K. (2003). The Effects of Teaching Dental Students Brief Motivational Interviewing for Smoking-Cessation Counseling: A Pilot Study: Journal of Dental Education Vol 67(4) Apr 2003, 439-447.
- Kolstad, R. K., Briggs, L. D., & Kolstad, R. A. (1985). Multiple-choice classroom achievement tests: Performance on items with five vs three choices: College Student Journal Vol 19(4) Win 1985, 427-431.
- Kolstad, R. K., Kolstad, R. A., & Wagner, M. J. (1985). Format-dependent selection of choices on MC and MTF test items: Journal of Research & Development in Education Vol 19(1) Fal 1985, 27-31.
- Kunovich, R. S., & Rashid, R. G. (1992). Mirror training in three dimensions for dental students: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 75(3, Pt 1) Dec 1992, 923-928.
- Lajewski, W. M., Liman, J. P., Swan, K. G., & Staton, S. M. (1997). Don't know, don't care: Medical students' knowledge of and attitudes toward military medical career opportunities and medical educational cost reimbursement: Military Medicine Vol 162(12) Dec 1997, 812-816.
- Machen, J. B. (1975). Simulation technique for the measurement of diagnostic skill in pedodontics: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Manogue, M., Brown, G., & Foster, H. (2001). Clinical assessment of dental students: Values and practices of teachers in restorative dentistry: Medical Education Vol 35(4) Apr 2001, 364-370.
- McFadden, A. B. (1973). Personality variables and perceptions of a professional school environment: Dissertation Abstracts International Vol.
- Mobley, W. H., & Goldstein, I. L. (1978). The effects of payoff on the visual processing of dental radiographs: Human Factors Vol 20(4) Aug 1978, 385-390.
- Morgan, C. H., Lilley, J. D., & Boreham, N. C. (1988). Learning from lectures: The effect of varying the detail in lecture handouts on note-taking and recall: Applied Cognitive Psychology Vol 2(2) Apr-Jun 1988, 115-122.
- Mumford, J. M., Newton, A. V., & Ley, P. (1973). Personality, pain perception and pain tolerance: British Journal of Psychology Vol 64(1) Feb 1973, 105-107.
- O'Shea, R., Sowinski, J., Dietrich, C., Johnson, F., & et al. (1992). Hygiene students' conceptions of the role of the dental hygienist in smoking cessation: Health Values: The Journal of Health Behavior, Education & Promotion Vol 16(2) Mar-Apr 1992, 44-50.
- O'Shea, R. M., Mendola, P., & Corah, N. L. (1991). Dental students' treatment of anxious patients: Social Science & Medicine Vol 32(2) 1991, 229-232.
- Palchik, N. S., Burdi, A. R., Hess, G. E., & Dielman, T. E. (1988). Student assessment of teaching effectiveness in a multi-instructor course for multidisciplinary health professional students: Evaluation & the Health Professions Vol 11(1) Mar 1988, 55-73.
- Parrish, M. J. (1975). Predoctoral training in clinical hypnosis: A national survey of availability and educator attitudes in schools of medicine, dentistry, and graduate clinical psychology: International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis Vol 23(4) Oct 1975, 249-265.
- Pawlik, K. (1979). Admissions test: Critical comments on a paper by Hitpass and a diagnostic assessment: Psychologische Rundschau Vol 30(1) Jan 1979, 19-33.
- Ried, A. E. (1979). The development of work-related attitudes and behavior of professional recruits: A test of the functionalist argument: Journal of Health and Social Behavior Vol 20(4) Dec 1979, 338-351.
- Scheetz, J. P., & Hartley, L. S. (1982). Assessing student performance in an extramural setting: CEDR Quarterly Vol 15(3) Fal 1982, 16-18.
- Smith, M. C. (1976). A comparison of the value of trainability assessments and other tests for predicting the practical performance of dental students: International Review of Applied Psychology Vol 25(2) Oct 1976, 125-130.
- Stein, M. I., Lifshutz, H., & Mauss, E. A. (1983). Factor analytic study of the Kurtzman Community Dental Health Ideology Scale: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 56(1) Feb 1983, 79-82.
- Stein, M. I., Lifshutz, H., Vogel, N., & Mauss, E. A. (1982). The Kurtzman Community Dental Health Ideology Scale with students in a combined degree (AB-DDS) program: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 54(1) Feb 1982, 195-200.
- Stratton, T. D., Witzke, D. B., Jacob, R. J., Sauer, M. J., & Murphy-Spencer, A. (2002). Medical students' ratings of faculty teaching in a multi-instructor setting: An examination of monotonic response patterns: Advances in Health Sciences Education Vol 7(2) 2002, 99-116.
- Sundin, R. H., Gaines, W. G., & Knapp, W. B. (1979). Attitudes of dental and medical students toward death and dying: Omega: Journal of Death and Dying Vol 10(1) 1979, 77-86.
- ter Horst, G., Leeds, J. G., & Hoogstraten, J. (1984). Effectiveness of communication skills training for dental students: Psychological Reports Vol 55(1) Aug 1984, 7-11.
- Tezel, A., Kavrut, F., Tezel, A., Kara, C., Demir, T., & Kavrut, R. (2005). Musculoskeletal Disorders in Left- and Right-Handed Turkish Dental Students: International Journal of Neuroscience Vol 115(2) Feb 2005, 255-266.
- Thornton, L. J., Barr, A. E., Stuart-Buttle, C., Gaughan, J. P., Wilson, E. R., Jackson, A. D., et al. (2008). Perceived musculoskeletal symptoms among dental students in the clinic work environment: Ergonomics Vol 51(4) Apr 2008, 573-586.
- Van Stewart, A., Harness, B. G., & Hurley-Young, C. (1994). Using a summer research program as a mechanism for nurturing professional students' interest in gerontology: Educational Gerontology Vol 20(3) Apr-May 1994, 277-289.
- Waldman, H. B., & Perlman, S. P. (2006). Mandating Education of Dental Graduates to Provide Care to Individuals With Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: Mental Retardation Vol 44(3) Jun 2006, 184-188.
- Walker, J. D., Killip, D. E., & Fuller, J. L. (1985). The significance of the admission interview in predicting students' performance in dental school: Journal of Medical Education Vol 60(7) Jul 1985, 569-571.
- Wilding, J. M., & Valentine, E. R. (1992). Factors predicting success and failure in the first-year examinations of medical and dental courses: Applied Cognitive Psychology Vol 6(3) May-Jun 1992, 247-261.
- Wilson, S., Suddick, R. P., Shay, J. S., & Hustmyer, F. E. (1981). Correlations of scores on embedded figures and mirror tracing with preclinical technique grades and PMAT scores of dental students: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 53(1) Aug 1981, 31-35.
- Wilson, S. G., & Husak, W. S. (1988). A multivariable approach toward predicting dental motor skill performance: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 67(1) Aug 1988, 211-217.
- Winning, T., Lim, E., & Townsend, G. (2005). Student experiences of assessment in two problem-based dental curricula: Adelaide and Dublin: Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education Vol 30(5) Oct 2005, 489-505.
- Wu, S., Miao, D., Zhu, X., Liang, J., Liu, X., Luo, Z., et al. (2007). The personality types of Chinese dental postgraduate students: Social Behavior and Personality Vol 35(8) 2007, 1077-1086.
- Wu, S.-J., Miao, D.-M., & Luo, Z.-X. (2006). The differences of personality styles between the Chinese and English dental school applicants: Chinese Mental Health Journal Vol 20(11) Nov 2006, 720-722.
- Wurster, C. A., Weinstein, P., & Cohen, A. J. (1979). Communication patterns in pedodontics: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 48(1) Feb 1979, 159-166.
- Abou-Rass, M. (1973). Effects of method of sequencing and amount of training on the acquisition and performance of psychomotor skills in preclinical endodontics: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Arnold, C. T. (1979). An investigation of instructional treatment and psychomotor aptitude on dental student skill learning: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Berman, M. (1977). The relationship of dental student self-esteem, verbal influence patterns during nutritional counseling and changes in patient eating and oral health care habits: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Blitz, A. N. (1973). An investigation of the ways in which personality characteristics affect performance on computer-assisted instruction and programmed text: Dissertation Abstracts International Vol.
- Brand, A. A. (1980). Change of attitude towards dentistry shown by dental students after graduation: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Cooper, M. L. (1987). The role of supportive transactions and perceived functional support as stress buffers: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Galaif, T. N. (1980). A cross-sectional developmental study of empathy levels of dental students as they progress through the four year dental school program: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Gershen, J. A. (1977). An evaluation of two small group instructional methods for teaching behavioral sciences in the dental curriculum: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Goldstein, M. B. (1978). Stress, support and coping among first year dental students: A correlational analysis: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Green, T. G. (1980). Moral thinking in dental students: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Grimaudo, N. J. (2008). Students' and patients' perspectives of clinical teaching at a dental school. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Gross, A. J. (1996). Dental education: Through the students' eyes. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Hechter, F. J. (1997). Influences on the academic achievement of undergraduate dental students. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Hoyle, J. D. (1980). Psychosocial sources of stress in dental education: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Kaplan, A. L. (1976). Predicting general or specialty dental practice from admissions data: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Kolosowski-Gager, P. E. (1989). Stress and the spouses of dental students: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Lee, M. M. (1980). The development and testing of self-instructional programs in nutrition for dental students: Dissertation Abstracts International
- Rettie, L. L. (1982). A comparison of the effects of open-ended and consensus seeking group discussion processes on the moral judgment of dental hygiene students: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Richards, V. K. (1982). Perceived psychological stress and personality profiles in dental students: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Shub, J. L. (1978). The influence of social structure on behavior: A study of the dental student-patient relationship: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Soble, R. K. (1977). Student value change and congruency with faculty values in professional education related to reference group theory: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Spisak, F. A. (1992). Acquiring professional communication competence in a dental hygiene program: An ethnographic study: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Sun, C. H.-H. (1998). Congruence and perceived respect: An investigation of job satisfaction and job involvement among dentists and dental students. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Taft, T. B. (1978). The effects of alternative instructional modes on the attitudes and achievement of dental students with different cognitive preferences: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Tervit, S. L. (2002). An examination of perfectionism, stress, and self-esteem as predictors of clinical performance for dental students. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Turek, J. K. (1990). Stress reduction in dental students: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Vann, W. F. (1980). Teaching the acquisition of psychomotor skills in dentistry: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Victoroff, K. Z. (2007). An examination of the relationship between emotional intelligence and dental student clinical performance. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Ware, N. C. (1981). Paradox, gender and professional life: A case study of women in dental school: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Wurster, C. A. (1978). Communication patterns in dental student-child interaction: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- You, D. (2008). Interrelationships and gender differences among components of morality for dental students. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.