Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Daniel J. Siegel (born September 2, 1957) is a clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine and Executive Director of the Mindsight Institute.
Seigel completed his medical degree from Harvard Medical School and his post-graduate medical education at UCLA. His training is in pediatrics and child, adolescent and adult psychiatry. Dr. Siegel is currently clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine where he is on the faculty of the Center for Culture, Brain, and Development and the Co-Director of the Mindful Awareness Research Center. Siegel was the recipient of the UCLA psychiatry department's teaching award and several honorary fellowships for his work as director of UCLA's training program in child psychiatry and the Infant and Preschool Service at UCLA. He is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and is the Executive Director of the Mindsight Institute.
Siegel is the author of several books on parenting and child development including The Mindful Brain: Reflection and Attunement in the Cultivation of Well-Being published by WW Norton in 2007, , The Developing Mind: Toward a Neurobiology of Interpersonal Experience published by the Guilford Press in 1999 and Parenting from the Inside Out, which he co-wrote with Mary Hartzell in 2003 and was published by Tarcher.
Siegel is known for his work in Interpersonal Neurobiology , which is an interdisciplinary view of life experience that draws on over a dozen branches of science to create a framework for understanding of our subjective and interpersonal lives. 
Siegel's most recent work integrates the theories of interpersonal neurobiology with the theories of mindfulness Practice and proposes that mindfulness practice is a highly developed process of both inter and intra personal attunement. 
- The Developing Mind, Second Edition: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are, by Daniel J. Siegel. Guilford Press, 2012. ISBN 978-1-4625-0390-2.
- Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation (Bantam Books: New York, 2010; Oneworld Publications: Oxford, 2010)
- The Healing Power of Emotion: Affective Neuroscience, Development & Clinical Practice (WW Norton & Company: New York, 2009). Co-edited with Diana Fosha and Marion F. Solomon.
- Healing Trauma: Attachment, Mind, Body and Brain (WW Norton & Company: New York, 2003). Co-edited with Marion Solomon.
- The Mindful-Brain-in-Psychotherapy/ The Mindful Brain: Reflection and Attunement in the Cultivation of Well-Being (WW Norton & Company, 2007).
- The-Mindful-Therapist/ The Mindful Therapist: A Clinician's Guide to Mindsight and Neural Integration (WW Norton & Company, 2010).
- Forward to Trauma and the Body: A Sensorimotor Approach to Psychotherapy by Kekuni Minton, Pat Ogden, and Clare Pain (WW Norton & Company, 2006).
- Audio recording of a conversation with Daniel Goleman
- Google Tech Talks presentation on "Mindsight"
- Daniel J. Siegel bio
- UCLA Semel Institute
- Center for Culture, Brain, and Development
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|