Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Coren Apicella is an academic anthropologist and psychologist at Harvard. Her interests include behavioral economics, evolutionary psychology, social networks, cogitive biases, mate selection, parental investment and physical attractiveness.
- Campbell, B.C., Dreber, A., Apicella, C.L., Eisenberg, D.T.A., Gray, P. Little, A.C., Garcia, J.R., Zamore, R.S. and Lum, J.K. (2010).Testosterone exposure, dopaminergic reward and sensation-seeking in young men. Physiology and Behavior, *Dreber, A., Apicella, C.L., Eisenberg, D.T.A. Garcia, J. R. Zamore, R.S. and *Campbell, B. (2009) The 7R polymorphism in the dopamine D4 receptor gene (DRD4) is associated with financial risk-taking in men. Evolution and Human Behavior, 30, 85-92.
- Eisenberg, D.T.A, Apicella, C.L., Campbell, B.C., Dreber, A., Garcia, J., Lum, J.K. (2009) Assortative human pair-bonding for partner ancestry and allelic variation of the dopamine receptor D4 (DRD4) gene. Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, (advanced online issue).
- Apicella, C .L., & Feinberg, D. (2009) Voice pitch alters mate-choice relevant perception in hunter-gatherers. Proceedings of the Royal Society, B, 276, 1077-1082.
- Apicella, C.L., Dreber, A.. Campbell, B., Gray, P. Hoffman, M., & Little, A. C.(2008) Testosterone and financial risk-taking. Evolution and Human Behavior, 29, 385-390.
- Little, A.C., Jones, B., Waitt, C., Tiddeman, B.P., Feinberg, D., Perret, D.I., Apicella, C.L., Marlowe, F.W. (2008) Symmetry is related to sexual dimorphism in faces: Data across cultures and species, PLoS ONE, 3, e2106.
- Apicella, C. L., Little, A.C. & Marlowe, F.W. Averageness and attractiveness in an isolated population of hunter-gatherers. Perception, 36, 1813-1820.
- Apicella, C. L., Feinberg, D. & Marlowe, F.W. (2007) Voice pitch predicts reproductive success in male hunter-gatherers. Biology Letters, 6, 682-684.
- Apicella, C.L. & Marlowe, F.W. (2007) Men’s reproductive investment decisions: mating, parenting and self-perceived mate value. Human Nature, 18, 22-34.
- Little, A.C., Apicella, C.L. & Marlowe, F.W. (2007) Preferences for symmetry in human faces in two cultures: data from the UK and the Hadza, an isolated group of hunter-gatherers. Proceedings of the Royal Society, B, 274, 3113-3117.
- Marlowe, F.W., Apicella, C.L., & Reed, D.(2005) Men’s Preferences for women’s profile waist- to-hip ratio in two societies. Evolution and Human Behavior, 26, 458-468.
- Apicella, C.L. & Marlowe, F.W. (2004). Mate fidelity and resemblance predict men’s investment in children. Evolution and Human Behavior, 25, 371-378.