A concise and clear definition of coordination is written in Coordination Theory (Malone and Crowston, 1991)"Coordination is the act of managing interdependencies between activities."
Coordination, co-ordination is the regulation of diverse elements into an integrated and harmonious operation. Coordination means integrating or linking together different parts of an organization to accomplish a collective set of tasks.
- See Coordination in Human Motion.
- See Coordination in Hand-eye coordination.
- See Coordination in Robot Motion.
- See coordination game for coordination in game theory.
Co-ordinating can also involve the organization of a group.
- Malone, T. W. and Crowston, K. (1991). Toward an interdisciplinary study of coordination. Center for Coordination Science, MIT.