Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
In Interviewing, Computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI) is a telephone surveying technique in which the interviewer follows a script provided by a software application. It is a structured system of microdata collection by telephone that speeds up the collection and editing of microdata and also permits the interviewer to educate the respondents on the importance of timely and accurate data. The software is able to customize the flow of the questionnaire based on the answers provided, as well as information already known about the participant. It is a very important software and plays a vital role in B2B services.
CATI may function in the following manner:
- A computerized questionnaire is administered to respondents over the telephone.
- The interviewer sits in front of a computer screen.
- Upon command, the computer dials the telephone number to be called.
- When contact is made, the interviewer reads the questions posed on the computer screen and records the respondent's answers directly into the computer.
- Interim and update reports can be compiled instantaneously, as the data are being collected.
- CATI software has built-in logic, which also enhances data accuracy.
- The program will personalize questions and control for logically incorrect answers, such as percentage answers that do not add up to 100 percent.
- The software has built-in branching logic, which will skip questions that are not applicable or will probe for more detail when warranted.
Automated Computer Telephone InterviewingEdit
Automated Computer Telephone Interviewing (ACTI) is a technique by which a computer with speaker independent voice recognition capabilities asks respondents a series of questions, recognizes then stores the answers, and is able to follow scripted logic and branch intelligently according to the flow of the questionnaire based on the answers provided, as well as information known about the participant.
- Computer-assisted web interviewing
- Computer-assisted personal interviewing
- Official statistics
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Marketing Research. School of Business & Accountancy, Ngee Ann Polytechnic. Jonas Lee. Pearson.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|