Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Computer-assisted personal interviewing (CAPI) is similar to computer-assisted telephone interviewing, except that the interview takes place in person instead of over the telephone.
- The respondent sits in front of a computer terminal and answers a questionnaire on the screen by using the keyboard or a mouse.
- Help screens and courteous error messages are provided.
- The colorful screens and on and off-screen stimuli add to the respondent's interest and involvement in the task.
- This method has been classified as a personal interview technique since an interviewer is usually present to serve as a host and to guide the respondent as needed.
- This approach is used in shopping malls, preceded by the intercept and screening process described earlier.
- It is also used to conduct business-to-business research at trade shows or conventions.
Fore example, CAPI is used as the method of data collection for the British Crime Survey.
Directories of proprietary software:
Free software on sourceforge: