The College of Psychologists of Ontario is the regulatory body for the profession of psychology in Ontario. It sets the standards for the provision of psychological services by Psychologists and Psychological Associates.
The College maintains a register of all currently registered practitioners.
The Mission Statement of the College is "To regulate the provision of psychological services in the public interest by setting the standards for competent and ethical practice."
The College Council is the governing body of the College. It sets policy and provides leadership and direction to the profession. There are 17 Council members: eight professional members elected by the profession from across the province, one being an ex-officio member; three appointed academic members; and, six members of the public appointed by the provincial government. The Council meets four times a year and meetings are open to the public.
- Clarissa Bush, Ph.D., C.Psych., President – District 4 (East)
- Dalia Slonim, Psy.D., C.Psych., Vice President - District 6 (GTA West)
- Josephine Tan, Ph.D., C.Psych. – District 1 (North)
- Maggie Gibson, Ph.D., C.Psych. – District 2 (Southwest)
- Dorothy Cotton, Ph.D., C.Psych. – District 3 (Central)
- Janice Currie, Ph.D., C.Psych – District 5 (GTA East)
- Glenn Webster, M.Ed., C.Psych.Assoc. – District 7 (Psychological Associates)
- Ron Davis, Ph.D., C.Psych. – District 8 (Academic)
- Nick Kuiper, Ph.D., C.Psych. – District 8 (Academic)
- Christine DiZazzo, M.Ps., C.Psych.Assoc. – Ex-officio (Psychological Associates)
Public Members Appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council
- Gaye V. Dale,
- Vincent Lacroix,
- Richard Lee,
- Dr. Ivan McFarlane,
- Susan Nicholson,
- Cheryl Rampersad
College Staff - Directors
- Catherine Yarrow, MBA, Ph.D., C.Psych.
Registrar & Executive Director
- Rick Morris, Ph.D., C.Psych.
Deputy Registrar/Director,Professional Affairs
- Ms. Connie Learn
Director,Registration and Administration
- Barry Gang, Dip.C.S., C.Psych.Assoc.
Director,Investigations and Hearings
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|