Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Classmates are people who attend the same class in school or college. Spending time together in the classroom provides a basis for social interaction that can have a significant impact on individuals, for good or ill,
- Adalbjarnardottir, S., & Selman, R. L. (1989). How children propose to deal with the criticism of their teachers and classmates: Developmental and stylistic variations: Child Development Vol 60(3) Jun 1989, 539-550.
- Altermatt, E. R., & Pomerantz, E. M. (2005). The Implications of Having High-achieving Versus Low-achieving Friends: A Longitudinal Analysis: Social Development Vol 14(1) 2005, 61-81.
- Altermatt, E. R., Pomerantz, E. M., Ruble, D. N., Frey, K. S., & Greulich, F. K. (2002). Predicting changes in children's self-perceptions of academic competence: A naturalistic examination of evaluative discourse among classmates: Developmental Psychology Vol 38(6) Nov 2002, 903-917.
- Anthonysamy, A., & Zimmer-Gembeck, M. J. (2007). Peer status and behaviors of maltreated children and their classmates in the early years of school: Child Abuse & Neglect Vol 31(9) Sep 2007, 971-991.
- Arena, C., Hermann, J., & Hoffman, T. (1984). Helping children deal with the death of a classmate: A crisis intervention model: Elementary School Guidance & Counseling Vol 19(2) Dec 1984, 107-115.
- Azri, Y., & Amir, Y. (1977). Intellectual and academic achievements and adjustment of underprivileged children in homogeneous and heterogeneous classrooms: Child Development Vol 48(2) Jun 1977, 726-729.
- Baumgartner, E., & Bombi, A. S. (2005). Friendships in Preschool: A mulitimethod study: Giornale Italiano di Psicologia Vol 32(4) Dec 2005, 759-779.
- Baumgartner, E., Bombi, A. S., & Pistorio, B. (2002). Psychological references in children's description of interpersonal relationships: Eta Evolutiva No 73 Oct 2002, 48-54.
- Bell, C. L. (2004). The contribution of narcissism and peer rejection to the psychological internalization process of the classroom avenger. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Bell, S. K., & Morgan, S. B. (2000). Children's attitudes and behavioral intentions toward a peer presented as obese: Does a medical explanation for the obesity make a difference? : Journal of Pediatric Psychology Vol 25(3) Apr-May 2000, 137-145.
- Berndt, T. J., Perry, T. B., & Miller, K. E. (1988). Friends' and classmates' interactions on academic tasks: Journal of Educational Psychology Vol 80(4) Dec 1988, 506-513.
- Black, J. D. (1947). Must we frighten our students? A reply to Landsman and De Martino: American Psychologist Vol 2(11) Nov 1947, 527-528.
- Blote, A., & Westenberg, P. M. (2007). Socially anxious adolescents' perception of treatment by classmates: Behaviour Research and Therapy Vol 45(2) Feb 2007, 189-198.
- Blote, A. W., Kint, M. J. W., & Westenberg, P. M. (2007). Peer behavior toward socially anxious adolescents: Classroom observations: Behaviour Research and Therapy Vol 45(11) Nov 2007, 2773-2779.
- Bombi, A. S., Bosco, A., & Colantuono, I. (2002). Friends, non-friends, classmates: A study on the connections between dyadic and group relationships in kindergarten: Eta Evolutiva No 73 Oct 2002, 39-47.
- Bonney, M. E. (1946). A study of the sociometric process among sixth-grade children: Journal of Educational Psychology Vol 37(6) Sep 1946, 359-372.
- Bredart, S., Delchambre, M., & Laureys, S. (2006). One's own face is hard to ignore: The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology Vol 59(1) Jan 2006, 46-52.
- Byrne, D., & Buehler, J. A. (1955). A note on the influence of propinquity upon acquaintanceships: The Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology Vol 51(1) Jul 1955, 147-148.
- Caldas, S. J., & Bankston, C., III. (1999). Black and white TV: Race, television viewing and academic achievement: Sociological Spectrum Vol 19(1) Jan-Mar 1999, 39-61.
- Casale-Giannola, D., & Kamens, M. W. (2006). Inclusion at a University: Experiences of a Young Woman with Down Syndrome: Mental Retardation Vol 44(5) Oct 2006, 344-352.
- Case, L. P., Speece, D. L., & Molloy, D. E. (2003). The Validity of a Response-to-Instruction Paradigm to Identify Reading Disabilities: A Longitudinal Analysis of Individual Differences and Contextual Factors: School Psychology Review Vol 32(4) 2003, 557-582.
- Centers, L., & Centers, R. (1963). Peer group attitudes toward the amputee child: Journal of Social Psychology 61(1) 1963, 127-132.
- Chang, E. H., & Power, D. V. (2000). Are medical students comfortable with practicing physical examinations on each other? : Academic Medicine Vol 75(4) Apr 2000, 384-389.
- Chemnitz, G., Feingold, E., & Gheorghiu, V. A. (1981). The influence on cognitive processes of pupils of different age and sex-groups by their classmates: Psychologie in Erziehung und Unterricht Vol 28(1) 1981, 7-12.
- Cheung, C.-k. (2006). Experiential Learning Strategies for Promoting Adolescents' Voluntarism in Hong Kong: Child & Youth Care Forum Vol 35(1) Feb 2006, 57-78.
- Clarke, R. B., & Campbell, D. T. (1955). A demonstration of bias in estimates of Negro ability: The Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology Vol 51(3) Nov 1955, 585-588.
- Dar, Y., & Resh, N. (1989). Classroom intellectual composition and academic achievement. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Publishers.
- Daugherty, T. K., & Linton, J. M. (2000). Assessment of social alienation: Psychometric properties of the SACS-R: Social Behavior and Personality Vol 28(4) 2000, 323-328.
- Delong, M. D. (2000). Peers' knowledge and attitudes toward a classmate with cancer: An evaluation of a school reintegration program. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Di Pentima, L. (2007). Attachment and nomination of prosocial and aggressive classmates in ethnically mixed school classes: Eta Evolutiva No 86 Feb 2007, 27-39.
- Diamond, K. E., & Hestenes, L. L. (1994). Preschool children's understanding of disability: Experiences leading to the elaboration of the concept of hearing loss: Early Education and Development Vol 5(4) Oct 1994, 301-309.
- Do, S. L. (2003). The complexity of students' emotional processes in a discussion setting. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Dole, A. A. (1965). Determinants of educational plans reported before high school by consistent and inconsistent college-bound students: Proceedings of the Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association 1965, 293-294.
- Dyregrov, A., Bie Wikander, A. M., & Vigerust, S. (1999). Sudden death of a classmate and friend: Adolescents' perception of support from their school: School Psychology International Vol 20(2) May 1999, 191-208.
- Eron, L. D., Walder, L. O., Toigo, R., & Lefkowitz, M. M. (1963). Social class, parental punishment for aggression, and child aggression: Child Development 34(4) 1963, 849-867.
- Faircloth, B. S. (2006). The dynamic nature of adolescent peer networks and sense of classroom belonging. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Feldbaum, C. L., Christenson, T. E., & O'Neal, E. C. (1980). An observational study of the assimilation of the newcomer to the preschool: Child Development Vol 51(2) Jun 1980, 497-507.
- Felson, R. B. (1981). Physical attractiveness and perceptions of deviance: Journal of Social Psychology Vol 114(1) Jun 1981, 85-89.
- Frederickson, N., & Turner, J. (2002). Utilizing the classroom peer group to address children's social needs: An evaluation of the Circle of Friends intervention approach: The Journal of Special Education Vol 36(4) Win 2002, 234-245.
- Gamm, B. K. (2006). Children's peer victimization trajectories: Associations with children's interpersonal behavior, classmates' bystander behavior, and internalizing problems. Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: The Sciences and Engineering.
- Garaigordobil, M. (2005). Assessment of changes in creative personality behaviours and traits: Effects of a programme for children aged 10-11 years: Infancia y Aprendizaje Vol 28(1) 2005, 51-61.
- Gerber, P. J. (1977). Awareness of handicapping conditions and sociometric status in an integrated pre-school setting: Mental Retardation Vol 15(3) Jun 1977, 24-25.
- Gnagey, W. A. (1960). Effects on classmates of a deviant student's power and response to a teacher-exerted control technique: Journal of Educational Psychology Vol 51(1) Feb 1960, 1-8.
- Gnagey, W. J. (1963). Effects on Classmates of a Deviant Student's Power and Response to a Teacher-Exerted Control Technique. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Goldstein, A. G., & Chance, J. E. (1964). Recognition of children's faces: Child Development 35(1) 1964, 129-136.
- Goldstone, S., Boardman, W. K., Lhamon, W. T., Fason, F. L., & Jernigen, C. (1963). Sociometric status and apparent duration: Journal of Social Psychology 61(2) 1963, 303-310.
- Guttmann, J., Geva, N., & Gefen, S. (1988). Teachers' and school children's stereotypic perception of "the child of divorce." American Educational Research Journal Vol 25(4) Win 1988, 555-571.
- Haythornthwaite, C. (2000). Online personal networks: Size, composition and media use among distance learners: New Media & Society Vol 2(2) Jun 2000, 195-226.
- Holfve-Sabel, M.-A. (2006). A comparison of student attitudes towards school, teachers and peers in Swedish comprehensive schools now and 35 years ago: Educational Research Vol 48(1) Mar 2006, 55-75.
- Holfve-Sabel, M.-A., & Gustafsson, J.-E. (2005). Attitudes towards School, Teacher, and Classmates at Classroom and Individual Levels: An application of two-level confirmatory factor analysis: Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research Vol 49(2) Apr 2005, 187-202.
- Horowitz, L. T. (1975). The academic and behavioral effects of a behavior problem child in the public school classroom: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Hughes, J. N., & Zhang, D. (2007). Effects of the structure of classmates' perceptions of peers' academic abilities on children's perceived cognitive competence, peer acceptance, and engagement: Contemporary Educational Psychology Vol 32(3) Jul 2007, 400-419.
- Hvizdos, M. A. (1980). Acceptance-rejection of children with special needs in mainstreamed preschools: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Inagaki, K., Hatano, G., & Morita, E. (1998). Construction of mathematical knowledge through whole-class discussion: Learning and Instruction Vol 8(6) Dec 1998, 503-526.
- Jackowska, E. (1978). Research report on the dynamics of the sociometric status of elementary school pupils: Psychologia Wychowawcza Vol 21(3) May-Jun 1978, 262-269.
- Jacobson, W. E. (1945). First impressions of classmates: Journal of Applied Psychology Vol 29(2) Apr 1945, 142-155.
- Jellison, J. A. (2002). On-task participation of typical students close to and away from classmates with disabilities in an elementary music classroom: Journal of Research in Music Education Vol 50(4) Win 2002, 343-355.
- Johnson, K. R., Sulzer-Azaroff, B., & Maass, C. A. (1976). The effects of internal proctoring upon examination performance in a personalized instruction course: Journal of Personalized Instruction Vol 1(2) Sep 1976, 113-117.
- Johnson-Pynn, J. S., & Nisbet, V. S. (2002). Preschoolers effectively tutor novice classmates in a block construction task: Child Study Journal Vol 32(4) 2002, 241-255.
- Juvonen, J. (2006). Sense of Belonging, Social Bonds, and School Functioning. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
- Kawabata, M. (2003). How Children Differentiate Classmates: An Examination of Personal Constructs: Japanese Journal of Developmental Psychology Vol 14(1) Apr 2003, 1-13.
- Klingman, A. (1989). School-based emergency intervention following an adolescent's suicide: Death Studies Vol 13(3) May-Jun 1989, 263-274.
- Knapp, A. (1978). The effect of ability grouping in specific subjects (setting) on changes of students' social and emotional personality traits: Psychologie in Erziehung und Unterricht Vol 25(5) 1978, 306-314.
- Kubicka, L., & Matejcek, Z. (2003). The prediction of adults' psychosocial characteristics on the basis of childhood and adolescent personality traits as seen by mothers, teachers and classmates: Ceskoslovenska Psychologie Vol 47(3) 2003, 206-219.
- La Greca, A. M., & Bearman, K. J. (2000). Commentary: Children with pediatric conditions: Can peers' impressions be managed? And what about their friends? : Journal of Pediatric Psychology Vol 25(3) Apr-May 2000, 147-149.
- Lauth, G. W., Heubeck, B. G., & Mackowiak, K. (2006). Observation of children with attention-deficit hyperactivity (ADHD) problems in three natural classroom contexts: British Journal of Educational Psychology Vol 76(2) Jun 2006, 385-404.
- Lie, E., & Newcombe, N. S. (1999). Elementary school children's explicit and implicit memory for faces of preschool classmates: Developmental Psychology Vol 35(1) Jan 1999, 102-112.
- Lindman, R., Nenonen, Y., & Schalin, D. (1989). Bullies and victims in school power and popularity. Sevilla, Spain: Publicaciones de la Universidad de Sevilla.
- Lis, A., Tallandini, M. A., & Toneatti, L. (1981). Judgment expressed by children about the figure of the teacher in comparison with the images of the schoolmate and the parents: A study using the semantic differential: Bollettino di Psicologia Applicata No 159-160 Jul-Dec 1981, 63-82.
- Lowther, C. L. (1979). Changing and maintaining attitudes of peers toward the integrated retarded pupil: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Lynch, M., & Cicchetti, D. (1997). Children's relationships with adults and peers: An examination of elementary and junior high school students: Journal of School Psychology Vol 35(1) Spr 1997, 81-99.
- Maassen, G. H., & Verschueren, K. (2005). A Two-Dimensional Ratings-Based Procedure for Sociometric Status Determination as an Alternative to the Asher and Dodge System: Merrill-Palmer Quarterly Vol 51(2) Apr 2005, 192-212.
- Malecki, C. K., & Demaray, M. K. (2003). What Type of Support Do They Need? Investigating Student Adjustment as Related to Emotional, Informational, Appraisal, and Instrumental Support: School Psychology Quarterly Vol 18(3) Fal 2003, 231-252.
- Margas, N., Fontayne, P., & Brunel, P. C. (2006). Influences of classmates' ability level on physical self-evaluations: Psychology of Sport and Exercise Vol 7(2) Mar 2006, 235-247.
- Marko, J. (1979). Interpersonal interaction in a social group: Psychologia a Patopsychologia Dietata Vol 14(3) 1979, 242-252.
- Marsh, H. W. (2005). Der "Big-Fish-Little-Pond"-Effekt und das akademische Selbstkonzept: Zeitschrift fur Padagogische Psychologie/ German Journal of Educational Psychology Vol 19(3) Sep 2005, 119-127.
- Marsh, H. W. (2005). Der Big-Fish-Little-Pond-Effekt: Eine Antwort: Zeitschrift fur Padagogische Psychologie/ German Journal of Educational Psychology Vol 19(3) Sep 2005, 141-144.
- Mitchell, C. (1945). Social stimulus value: Journal of Educational Psychology Vol 36(6) Sep 1945, 344-351.
- Molina, M.-H. G., Coplan, R. J., & Younger, A. J. (2003). A Closer Look at Children's Knowledge About Social Isolation: Journal of Research in Childhood Education Vol 18(2) Win 2003-2004, 93-104.
- Nadeau, L., & Tessier, R. (2006). Social adjustment of children with cerebral palsy in mainstream classes: Peer perception: Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology Vol 48(5) May 2006, 331-336.
- Newman, E. C. (2000). Group crisis intervention in a school setting following an attempted suicide: International Journal of Emergency Mental Health Vol 2(2) Spr 2000, 97-100.
- Nieri, T. A. (2007). School composition and the acculturation experience: How classmates shape Latino students' cultural identity. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Ohtake, Y. (2003). Increasing Class Membership of Students With Severe Disabilities Through Contribution to Classmates' Learning: Research and Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities Vol 28(4) Win 2003, 228-231.
- Okagaki, L., Diamond, K. E., Kontos, S. J., & Hestenes, L. L. (1998). Correlates of young children's interactions with classmates with disabilities: Early Childhood Research Quarterly Vol 13(1) Mar 1998, 67-86.
- Ollendick, T. H., Yang, B., Dong, Q., Xia, Y., & et al. (1995). Perceptions of fear in other children and adolescents: The role of gender and friendship status: Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology Vol 23(4) Aug 1995, 439-452.
- Onder, A. (1999). An Approach for Increasing the Quality of Education: Involvement Through Class Meetings: Turk Psikoloji Yazilari Vol 1(3) Jun 1999, 119-131.
- Ostberg, V. (2003). Children in classrooms: peer status, status distribution and mental well-being: Social Science & Medicine Vol 56(1) Jan 2003, 17-29.
- Papadatou, D., Metallinou, O., Hatzichristou, C., & Pavlidi, L. (2002). Supporting the bereaved child: Teacher's perceptions and experiences in Greece: Mortality Vol 7(3) Nov 2002, 324-339.
- Pfeiffer, H. (1976). Developmental and social aspects in the election of class-spokesmen: Praxis der Kinderpsychologie und Kinderpsychiatrie Vol 25(1) Jan 1976, 24-28.
- Pickert, S. M., & Wall, S. M. (1981). An investigation of children's perceptions of dominance relations: Perceptual and Motor Skills Vol 52(1) Feb 1981, 75-81.
- Pielstick, N. L. (1963). Perception of mentally superior children by their classmates: Perceptual and Motor Skills 17(1) 1963, 47-53.
- Pohlmann, B., Moller, J., & Streblow, L. (2004). On Students' Self-Concepts Inferred By Teachers and Classmates: Zeitschrift fur Padagogische Psychologie/ German Journal of Educational Psychology Vol 18(3-4) Nov 2004, 157-169.
- Principe, G. F., Kanaya, T., Ceci, S. J., & Singh, M. (2006). Believing is Seeing: How Rumors Can Engender False Memories in Preschoolers: Psychological Science Vol 17(3) Mar 2006, 243-248.
- Prins, B. (2006). Narrative Accounts of Origins: A Blind Spot in the Intersectional Approach? : European Journal of Women's Studies Vol 13(3) Aug 2006, 277-290.
- Qian, M., Wang, A., & Chen, Z. (2002). A comparison of classmate and self-evaluation of dysphoric and nondysphoric Chinese students: Cognition & Emotion Vol 16(4) Jul 2002, 565-576.
- Rauer, S. A., Cooke, T. P., & Apolloni, T. (1978). Developing nonretarded toddlers as verbal models for retarded classmates: Child Study Journal Vol 8(1) 1978, 1-8.
- Reese-Dukes, J. L., & Stokes, E. H. (1978). Social acceptance of elementary educable mentally retarded pupils in the regular classroom: Education & Training of the Mentally Retarded Vol 13(4) Dec 1978, 356-361.
- Rican, P. (1996). Sociometric status of Gypsy children in ethnically mixed classes: Studia Psychologica Vol 38(3) 1996, 177-184.
- Ryan, G. J., Marshall, L. L., Porter, K., & Jia, H. (2007). Peer, professor and self-evaluation of class participation: Active Learning in Higher Education Vol 8(1) Mar 2007, 49-61.
- Shapiro, S. B., & Sobel, M. (1981). Two multinomial random sociometric voting models: Journal of Educational Statistics Vol 6(3) Fal 1981, 287-310.
- Simpson, R. W. (1979). Integration of the severely communicatively handicapped: The effects of normalization on the problem classroom behavior of elementary age nonhandicapped students: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Singh, J. J. (1992). A descriptive study of second language acquisition of limited English proficient students in the regular classroom: Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Skinner, C. H., Cashwell, T. H., & Skinner, A. L. (2000). Increasing tootling: The effects of a peer-monitored group contingency program on students' reports of peers' prosocial behaviors: Psychology in the Schools Vol 37(3) May 2000, 263-270.
- Sommer, R. (1989). Classroom ecology and acquaintanceship: Educational Psychology Vol 9(1) 1989, 63-66.
- Stake, J. E., & Malkin, C. (2003). Students' quality of experience and perceptions of intolerance and bias in the women's and gender studies classroom: Psychology of Women Quarterly Vol 27(2) Jun 2003, 174-185.
- Tenenbaum, S. (1944). Attitudes of elementary school children to school, teachers and classmates: Journal of Applied Psychology Vol 28(2) Apr 1944, 134-141.
- Tomada, G., & Ciucci, E. (1998). Social acceptance and social reputation in same-age and mixed-age groupings in preschool children: Eta Evolutiva No 59 Feb 1998, 60-68.
- Trow, W. C., Zander, A. E., Morse, W. C., & Jenkins, D. H. (1972). Psychology of group behavior: The class as a group. Oxford, England: Rand Mcnally.
- Tsukerman, G. A. (1984). Cooperation with classmates as a requirement of the developing teaching methodology: I. Selection of the working hypothesis: Novye Issledovaniya v Psikhologii Vol 30(1) 1984, 18-22.
- Vagnerova, M. (2006). Relationships of classmates towards their dyslexic peer: Ceskoslovenska Psychologie Vol 50(4) 2006, 311-326.
- Valles, R. Q., Jr. (2007). How successful high school students cope with bullying: A qualitative study. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- van Aken, M. A. G., & Asendorpf, J. B. (1997). Support by parents, classmates, friends and siblings in preadolescence: Covariation and compensation across relationships: Journal of Social and Personal Relationships Vol 14(1) Feb 1997, 79-93.
- van den Oord, E. J. C. G., Rispens, J., Goudena, P. P., & Vermande, M. (2000). Some developmental implications of structural aspects of preschoolers' relations with classmates: Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology Vol 21(6) Nov-Dec 2000, 619-69.
- van den Oord, E. J. C. G., & Van Rossem, R. (2002). Differences in first graders' school adjustment: The role of classroom characteristics and social structure of the group: Journal of School Psychology Vol 40(5) Sep-Oct 2002, 371-394.
- van Lieshout, C. F. M., Verhoeven, M., Guroglu, B., Haselager, G. J. T., & Scholte, R. H. J. (2004). Friendships and antipathies: Relational networks of children and adolescents in class groups: Kind en Adolescent Vol 25(2) May 2004, 113-131.
- Venkatramaiah, S. R., & Barathi, K. K. (1977). Socio-psychological analysis of children's quarrels: Empirical investigation--results and discussion: Child Psychiatry Quarterly Vol 10(1) Jan 1977, 1-7.
- Wiechel, L. (1972). Perception of sex roles as a barrier to cooperation: An attempt at intervention through two educational programs: Pedagogisk-Psykologiska Problem May 1972, 71.
- Williams, P. (2001). Preschool routines, peer learning and participation: Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research Vol 45(4) Dec 2001, 317-339.
- Wilson, L. V. (1981). Normal children's perceptions of atypical behavior in their peers: Dissertation Abstracts International.
Zander, A., & Van Egmond, E. (1958). Relationship of intelligence and social power to the interpersonal behavior of children: Journal of Educational Psychology Vol 49(5) Oct 1958, 257-268.
- Zettergren, P. (2005). Childhood Peer Status as Predictor of Midadolescence Peer Situation and Social Adjustment: Psychology in the Schools Vol 42(7) Sep 2005, 745-757.