Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
Chromosome 8 is one of the 23 pairs of chromosomes in humans. People normally have two copies of this chromosome. Chromosome 8 spans about 155 million base pairs (the building material of DNA) and represents between 4.5 and 5 % of the total DNA in cells.
Identifying genes on each chromosome is an active area of genetic research. Because researchers use different approaches to predict the number of genes on each chromosome, the estimated number of genes varies. Chromosome 8 likely contains between 700 and 1,000 genes.
The following are some of the genes located on chromosome 8:
- FGFR1: fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (fms-related tyrosine kinase 2, Pfeiffer syndrome)
- GDAP1: ganglioside-induced differentiation-associated protein 1
- LPL: lipoprotein lipase
- NDRG1: N-myc downstream regulated gene 1
- NEF3: neurofilament 3 (150kDa medium)
- NEFL: neurofilament, light polypeptide 68kDa
- SNAI2: snail homolog 2 (Drosophila)
- TG: thyroglobulin
- WRN: Werner syndrome
The following diseases are some of those related to genes on chromosome 8:
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, type 2
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, type 4
- congenital hypothyroidism
- familial lipoprotein lipase deficiency
- Pfeiffer syndrome
- Waardenburg syndrome
- Werner syndrome
- Gilbert F (2001). Chromosome 8. Genet Test 5 (4): 345-54. PMID 11960583.
- fr:Chromosome 8 humain
- hu:Humán 8-as kromoszóma
- pt:Cromossoma 8 (humano)
- sr:Хромозом 8 (човек)
- tr:kromozom 8
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|