Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
A Calcium channel is an ion channel which displays selective permeability to calcium ions. It is sometimes synonymous as voltage-dependent calcium channel, although there are also ligand-gated calcium channels.
The following tables explain gating, gene, location and function of different types of calcium channels, both voltage and ligand-gated.
- Main article: voltage-dependent calcium channel
|L-type||high voltage|| Cav1.1|
|Skeletal muscle, bone (osteoblasts), ventricular myocytes**, dendrites and dendritic spines of cortical neurons||SMC and cardiac muscle contraction. Responsible for prolonged action potential in cardiac muscle.|
|P-type/Q-type||high voltage||Cav2.1||CACNA1A||Purkinje neurons in the cerebellum / Cerebellar granule cells||neurotransmitter release|
|N-type||high voltage||Cav2.2||CACNA1B||Throughout the brain||neurotransmitter release|
|R-type||intermediate voltage||Cav2.3||CACNA1E||Cerebellar granule cells, other neurons||?|
|T-type||low voltage|| Cav3.1|
|neurons, cells that have pacemaker activity, bone (osteocytes)||Regular sinus rhythm|
|IP3 receptor||IP3||ITPR1, ITPR2, ITPR3||ER/SR||Releases calcium from ER/SR in response to IP3 by e.g. GPCRs|
|Ryanodine receptor||dihydropyridine receptors in T-tubules and increased intracellular calcium (Calcium Induced Calcium Release - CICR)||RYR1, RYR2, RYR3||ER/SR||Calcium-induced calcium release in myocytes|
|Cation channels of sperm|
|store-operated channels||indirectly by ER/SR depletion of calcium||ORAI1, ORAI2, ORAI3||plasma membrane|
- ↑ Template:DorlandsDict
- ↑ Striggow F, Ehrlich BE (August 1996). Ligand-gated calcium channels inside and out. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 8 (4): 490–5.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Rang, H. P. (2003). Pharmacology, Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone. Page 53
- ↑ Walter F., PhD. Boron (2005). Medical Physiology: A Cellular And Molecular Approach, Elsevier/Saunders. Page 479
- Voltage-Gated Ion Channels. IUPHAR Database of Receptors and Ion Channels. International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology.
- TRIP Database. a manually curated database of protein-protein interactions for mammalian TRP channels.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|