Individual differences |
Professional items |
World psychology |
Decision making ·
Cacosmia (or kakosmia) is a disorder of olfactory perception, usually reflecting a neurological disorder in which normally pleasant smells are perceived as disgusting.
- Other disorders of olfaction
- Anosmia - lack of ability to smell
- Hyposmia - decreased ability to smell
- Phantosmia - "hallucinated smell", often unpleasant in nature
- Dysosmia - things smell differently than they should
- Hyperosmia - an abnormally acute sense of smell
- Cacogusia - a disorder of gustation in which ordinarily palatable foods are perceived as disgusting.