Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
He did extensive research on authoritarianism and conservatism, identifying the psychological makeup of authoritarian followers and authoritarian leaders. His studies concentrated on who the followers are, how they got that way, how they think, and why they are by turns so submissive and aggressive. He also collected data on authoritarianism among North American politicians. Altemeyer's work is extensively referenced in John W. Dean's 2006 book, Conservatives Without Conscience. At Dean's suggestion, he wrote an "everyperson" account of his findings, The Authoritarians, which is freely available online.
Bob Altemeyer was awarded the American Association for the Advancement of Science Prize for Behavioral Science Research in 1986.
- (1981) Right-Wing Authoritarianism, Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press.
- (1988) Enemies of Freedom: Understanding Right-Wing Authoritarianism, Mississauga: Jossey-Bass.
- Altemeyer, Robert (1997). The Authoritarian Specter, Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- (1997) Amazing Conversions: Why Some Turn to Faith and Others Abandon Religion, Amherst: Prometheus Books.
- (2006) Atheists: A Groundbreaking Study of America's Nonbelievers, Amherst: Prometheus Books.
- (2006) The Authoritarians, Winnipeg: University of Manitoba.
- (2009) Sex and Youth: A Twenty-Four Year Investigation, Winnipeg: University of Manitoba.
- ↑ University of Manitoba directory, Psychology Faculty
- ↑ includeonly>Bielski, Zosia. "The myths that surround sexuality and university students", September 3, 2009. Retrieved on May 14, 2012.
- ↑ The Hard Right, review of Conservatives without conscience by Nick Gillespie, New York Times, July 30, 2006
- ↑ Conservatives without conscience, by John W Dean, Viking: New York, 2006, ISBN 0670037745
- ↑ University of Manitoba: Bob Altemeyer's - The Authoritarians
- ↑ AAAS History & Archives: Prize for Behavioral Science Research, Bob Altemeyer (1986)
- ↑ Today's NDP: Rob Altemeyer, your MLA for Wolseley
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|