Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Boasting is a form of interpersonal communication, the act of making an ostentatious and exaggerated speech. It is considered a vice by such major religious groups as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism.
- Alpha male
- Dominance (ethology)
- Emotional superiority
- Illusory superiority
- Positive illusions
- ↑ Noah Webster (1844). An American Dictionary of the English Language: Exhibiting the Origin, Orthography, Pronunciation, and Definition of Words, Harper & Brothers.
- ↑ William C. McDonald; William Plail (1997). Fifteenth Century Studies, Camden House Publishing.
- ↑ Jan Knappert (1985). Islamic Legends: Histories of the Heroes, Saints, and Prophets of Islam, Brill Archive.
- ↑ (2007) What Is Hinduism?: Modern Adventures Into a Profound Global Faith, Himalayan Academy Publications.
- ↑ Kenneth Kuan Shêng Chʻên (1968). Buddhism: The Light of Asia, Barron's Educational Series.
- ↑ Robert Wright (1994). The Moral Animal: Evolutionary Psychology and Everyday Life, Random House of Canada.
- ↑ Brown, Nina W., Coping With Infuriating, Mean, Critical People - The Destructive Narcissistic Pattern 2006
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|