Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Current first-person accounts on this subject include
- Detour: My Bipolar Road Trip in 4-D by Lizzie Simon. 2002. "Scopes out bipolar disorder from the viewpoint of someone who is young, hip and vulnerable." - Peter Kramer M.D. (Simon and Schuster, New York 2002) 2003 reprint: ISBN 0743446607
- Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania by Andy Behrman. 2002. An excellent and visceral account of the excesses of mania. (Random House, Inc., 2002) Random House Trade Paperback, 2003. ISBN 0812967089.
For the perspective of a parent of children with bipolar disorder, see
- Acquainted with the Night, a memoir of raising children with depression and bipolar disorder, by Paul Raeburn, 2004. “An outstanding guide to the experience and treatment of bipolar illness in children” – Kay Redfield Jamison, author of An Unquiet Mind.
- Bipolar Disorder: A Guide for Patients and Families by Francis Mondimore M.D., 1999. ISBN 0801861179 (A detailed in-depth book covering all aspects of bipolar disorder: history, causes, treatments, etc.)
- The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide: What You and Your Family Need to Know by David J. Miklowitz Ph.D., 2002. ISBN 1572305258 (An excellent practical guide on managing bipolar disorder)