Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Autistic pride is pride in autism. It is about shifting one's view of autism from "disease" to "difference". Autistic pride emphasises the innate potential in all human phenotypic expressions and celebrates the diversity various neurological types express.
Autistic pride asserts that autistic people are not sick; rather, they have a unique set of characteristics that provide them many rewards and challenges, not unlike their non-autistic peers.
See also Edit
- Autism rights movement
- Autistic Pride Day
- Autistic culture
- Aspies For Freedom
- Autism epidemic
- Asperger syndrome
- Aspergian Pride - Celebrating the accomplishments and the inherent worth of autistic people
- Aspies for Freedom - An international civil rights activist group
- Aspergia - Promoting the development of an Aspergian cultural identity
- Autistic Advocacy - A collection of autistic pride articles, with links to discussion groups
- Autistics.org - The Real Voice of Autism Civil rights advocacy and resource links
- Institute for the Study of the Neurologically Typical - A parody of autism research
- Proposal for Aspies For Forgiveness campaign