Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder (ANSD) is a specific form of hearing loss defined by the presence of normal or near-normal Otoacoustic Emissions (OAEs) but the absence of normal Middle Ear Reflexes and severely abnormal or completely absent Auditory Brainstem Responses (ABRs).
Individuals presenting with this recently recognised hearing loss appear to display sporadic windows of hearing and not. Some will go on to develop normal speech and language but with poor speech perception in background noise and in others, no speech perception and therefore language development is possible.
The condition was originally termed Auditory neuropathy (AN)  and in 2001 as Auditory Neuropathy / Auditory Dyssynchrony (AN/AD)  (to include those cases where no true Neuropathy was apparent). In 2008 at a meeting convened at Lake Como in Italy (Guidelines Development Conference on the Identification and Management of Infants with Auditory Neuropathy, International Newborn Hearing Screening Conference, Como, Italy, June 19-21, 2008), a group of leading authorities on the condition reached a consensus and renamed it as Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder (ANSD) .
- ↑ Starr A., Picton T.W., Sininger Y., Hood L.J., Berlin C.I. Auditory neuropathy. Brain. 1996; 119: 741-753.
- ↑ Berlin C.I., Hood L.J., Rose K. On renaming auditory neuropathy as auditory dys-synchrony. Audiology Today. 2001; 13: 15-17.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Berlin, C.I.; Morlet, T.; Hood, L.J. Management of Individuals With Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder. 2008
- ↑ Roush, P. Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder, Evaluation and Management. The Hearing Journal. 2008; 61/11: 36-41
- Starr A., Picton T.W., Sininger Y., Hood L.J., Berlin C.I. Auditory neuropathy
- Berlin C.I., Hood L.J., Rose K. On renaming auditory neuropathy as auditory dys-synchrony
- Berlin, C.I.; Morlet, T.; Hood, L.J. Management of Individuals With Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder. 2008
- Roush, P. Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder, Evaluation and Management. The Hearing Journal. 2008
- Alice's Story - A Blog Dedicated to a Beautiful Little Girl Who Has Ears That Need New Batteries
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|