Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Arthur L. Caplan is Emanuel and Robert Hart Professor of Bioethics and director of the Center for Bioethics at the University of Pennsylvania.
He has written for The Nation and the Council for Secular Humanism's Free Inquiry magazine.
Articles by Arthur CaplanEdit
- “Lessons across the pond: Assisted reproductive technology in the UK and the USA,” American Journal of Law Medicine & Ethics, 31, 2005: 419-446.
- “The appropriate use of artificial nutrition and hydration: fundamental principles and recommendations for the future.” New England Journal of Medicine, 2005: 2607-2612 (with D. Cassarett and J. Kapo).
- “Misusing the Nazi Analogy, Science, 309, 2005:535
- "Attack of the Anti-Cloners," Arthur Caplan, Free Inquiry, Winter 2002/2003, p. 30.
- "Mapping Morality: The Rights and Wrongs of Genomics," in M. Yudell and R. DeSalle, eds., The Genomics Revolution, Joseph Henry Press, 2002: 189-94.
- "NAS Cloning Hearing," Science, 294 (2001): 1651
- "Cloning Human Embryos," Western Journal of Medicine, 176 (2002): 78-79.
- "Protecting Subjects' Interests in Genetics Research," American Journal of Human Genetics, 70 (2002):965-71 (with J.E Merz, D. Magnus, M.K. Cho).
- "What Is Morally Wrong with Eugenics?" in PR. Sloan, ed., Controlling Our Destinies, Notre Dame University Press, 2000: 209-23.
Also see "Breaking Bioethics" on the health page of MSNBC.com, featuring columns by Caplan.
Caplan is the editor or author of 24 books including:
- The Case of Terri Schiavo:Ethics at the end of life (2006)
- Health, Disease, and Illness: Concepts in Medicine (2004) ISBN 1589010140
- Who Owns Life? (2002) ISBN 1573929867
- Finding Common Ground: Ethics and Assisted Suicide (2001)
- Ethics And Organ Transplants, (1999)
- Am I My Brother's Keeper? (1998)
- Due Consideration: Controversy in an Age of Medical Miracles, (1997)
- Prescribing Our Future: Ethical Challenges in Genetic Counseling, Aldine Press, (1993)
- If I Were A Rich Man Could I Buy A Pancreas And Other Essays On Medical Ethics, (1992)
- When Medicine Went Mad: Bioethics And The Holocaust (1992).
- University of Pennsylvania, Center for Bioethics official page for Arthur L. Caplan
 Bioethicists' Objection to Congressional Interference in Schiavo Case, March 27, 2005