Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Different approaches to reading education have been contoversial in recent years. There have been reviews of reading education in various contries with the intention of identifying the most effective methods of teaching literacy
- Breaking the Code, a product closely related to Open Court Reading, but which is a stand-alone phonics intervention designed especially for older struggling readers
- Discover Intensive Phonics for Yourself
- Don Potter’s Education Page has many free phonics programs in pdf and mp3 formats.
- Funnix Computer based Reading Programmes - NZ Site
- Hooked on Phonics
- Jolly Phonics
- JumpStart Phonics
- Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing (LiPS) Program, previously known as Auditory Discrimination in Depth, ADD
- Open Court Reading, a comprehensive reading curriculum, the phonics component of which is very well-known
- Orton-Gillingham, an approach to reading instruction upon which several phonics programs are based.
- Phonics Alive! is an Australian developed computer-based literacy program.
- Reading Mastery by SRA/McGraw-Hill, previously known as DISTAR
- Reading Recovery
- Smart Way Reading and Spelling by Bright Sky Learning, a systematic and explicit phonics program.
- Spalding Method
- Targeting Reading Excellence by Arrow Educational Products], a computer-based program
- Wilson Reading System
- The Phonics Page has free phonics lessons in QuickTime movie format.
The National Right to Read Foundation (NRRF) has a list of systematic, explicit phonics programs.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|