Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
She based her work on that of Thomas Aquinas and "the relevance of Thomistic rational psychology to neurosis and its treatment." Her work is also based on that of Professor W.J.A.J. Duynstee, C.SS.R., LL.D. who studied Aquinas. Her theories are based on Aquinas’ understanding of what he calls the "nature of man." Dr. Terruwe’s ideas about the nature of man and his emotional life are discussed in depth in the first chapter of "Psychic Wholeness and Healing" by her and Dr. Conrad W. Baars, M.D.
Dr. Terruwe embraced the spiritual aspect of the human person in the treatment of her patients. Her ideas included topics about man’s emotional life, his intellect and free will, how "love is the passion of the intellect", and how the "nature" of man’s emotional life is to "follow reason". The discussion continues into topics of affirmation and what it means to be "authentically human".
Dr. Baars discovered her work and went on to translate some of her work into English and further the work on "Emotional Deprivation Disorder" and the repressive disorders.
She discovered "Frustration Neurosis" in the 1950s (also known as "Deprivation Neurosis", but now called Emotional Deprivation Disorder). She also discovered that repressive disorders (e.g. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or Scrupulosity) could be healed by teaching patients a correct understanding of the emotional life.  
Dr. Terruwe died on April 28, 2004 in The Netherlands (Deurne). She was 92 years old.
- The Abode of Love. St. Meinrad, IN: Abbey Press, 1970.
- Affectiviteit – effectiviteit : breekpunt van menselijk leven: over waarde-overdracht in het onderwijs. Lochem: De Tijdstroom, 1988.
- De frustratie neurose. Amsterdam: Anthos, 1998.
- De liefde bouwt een woning. Bussum: Romen, 1978.
- De toename van agressie, suïcide en druggebruik binnen de consumptiemaatschappij. Lochem - Gent: De Tijdstroom, 1986.
- Emotional Growth in Marriage. Glen Rock, NJ: Paulist Press, 1968.
- Geloven zonder angst en vrees. Roermond: J.J. Romen, 1969.
- Give Me Your Hand. Trans. Martin Van Buuren. Croydon, Victoria: Spectrum Publications, 1973.
- The Neurosis in the Light of Rational Psychology. Trans. by Conrad W. Baars. New York: P.J. Kenedy & Sons, 1960.
- Aopening van zaken. In Usum privatum. Nymegen, 1964.
- Ouders en kinderen op weg naar de toekomst. Lochem: De Tijdstroom, 1976.
- Psychopathic Personality and Neurosis. Trans. Conrad W. Baars. New York: P.J. Kenedy & Sons, 1958.
- and Baars, Conrad W. Loving and Curing the Neurotic: A New Look at Emotional Illness. New Rochelle, NY: Arlington House, 1972.
- and Baars, Conrad W. Psychic Wholeness and Healing. Staten Island, NY: Alba House, 1981.
- and Kroft, A.L. De stap over de drempel: moderne visies op hulpverlening bij menswording van mentaal gehandicapte mensen. Baarn: Arbor, 1993.
- and Van Cranenburgh, H.P.Hooglied van de nieuwe liefde: antropologie van de weerhoudende liefde. Baarn: Gooi en Sticht, 1996.
- nl:Anna Terruwe
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|