Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
Angiotensin II receptor, type 1
|RNA expression pattern|| |
Angiotensin II receptor, type 1 or AT1 receptor is an angiotensin receptor. It has vasopressor effects and regulates aldosterone secretion. It is an important effector controlling blood pressure and volume in the cardiovascular system.
It is the best elucidated angiotensin receptor.
The angiotensin receptor is activated by the vasoconstricting peptide angiotensin II. The activated receptor in turn couples to Gq/11 and thus activates phospholipase C and increases the cytosolic Ca2+ concentrations, which in turn triggers cellular responses such as stimulation of protein kinase C. Activated receptor also inhibits adenylate cyclase and activates various tyrosine kinases.
The AT1 receptor mediates the major cardiovascular effects of angiotensin II. Effects include vasoconstriction, aldosterone synthesis and secretion, increased vasopressin secretion, cardiac hypertrophy, augmentation of peripheral noradrenergic activity, vascular smooth muscle cells proliferation, decreased renal blood flow, renal renin inhibition, renal tubular sodium reuptake, modulation of central sympathetic nervous system activity, cardiac contractility, central osmocontrol and extracellular matrix formation.
It was previously thought that a related gene, denoted as AGTR1B, existed; however, it is now believed that there is only one type 1 receptor gene in humans. At least four transcript variants have been described for this gene. Additional variants have been described but their full-length nature has not been determined. The entire coding sequence is contained in the terminal exon and is present in all transcript variants.
- ↑ Higuchi S, Ohtsu H, Suzuki H, Shirai H, Frank GD, Eguchi S (2007). Angiotensin II signal transduction through the AT1 receptor: novel insights into mechanisms and pathophysiology. Clin. Sci. 112 (8): 417–28.
- ↑ Catt KJ, Mendelsohn FA, Millan MA, Aguilera G (1984). The role of angiotensin II receptors in vascular regulation. J. Cardiovasc. Pharmacol. 6 Suppl 4: S575–86.
- ↑ Entrez Gene: AGTR1 angiotensin II receptor, type 1.
- Matsusaka T, Ichikawa I (1997). Biological functions of angiotensin and its receptors.. Annu. Rev. Physiol. 59: 395-412.
- Allen AM, Moeller I, Jenkins TA, et al. (1998). Angiotensin receptors in the nervous system.. Brain Res. Bull. 47 (1): 17-28.
- Berry C, Touyz R, Dominiczak AF, et al. (2002). Angiotensin receptors: signaling, vascular pathophysiology, and interactions with ceramide.. Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 281 (6): H2337-65.
- Arima S, Ito S (2001). New insights into actions of the renin-angiotensin system in the kidney: concentrating on the Ang II receptors and the newly described Ang-(1-7) and its receptor.. Semin. Nephrol. 21 (6): 535-43.
- Stowasser M, Gunasekera TG, Gordon RD (2002). Familial varieties of primary aldosteronism.. Clin. Exp. Pharmacol. Physiol. 28 (12): 1087-90.
- Padmanabhan N, Padmanabhan S, Connell JM (2002). Genetic basis of cardiovascular disease--the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system as a paradigm.. Journal of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system : JRAAS 1 (4): 316-24.
- Thibonnier M, Coles P, Thibonnier A, Shoham M (2002). Molecular pharmacology and modeling of vasopressin receptors.. Prog. Brain Res. 139: 179-96.
- Elton TS, Martin MM (2003). Alternative splicing: a novel mechanism to fine-tune the expression and function of the human AT1 receptor.. Trends Endocrinol. Metab. 14 (2): 66-71.
- Saavedra JM, Benicky J, Zhou J (2007). Mechanisms of the Anti-Ischemic Effect of Angiotensin II AT( 1 ) Receptor Antagonists in the Brain.. Cell. Mol. Neurobiol. 26 (7-8): 1099-111.
- Oliveira L, Costa-Neto CM, Nakaie CR, et al. (2007). The angiotensin II AT1 receptor structure-activity correlations in the light of rhodopsin structure.. Physiol. Rev. 87 (2): 565-92.
- Ariza AC, Bobadilla NA, Halhali A (2007). [Endothelin 1 and angiotensin II in preeeclampsia]. Rev. Invest. Clin. 59 (1): 48-56.
- Xia Y, Zhou CC, Ramin SM, Kellems RE (2007). Angiotensin receptors, autoimmunity, and preeclampsia.. J. Immunol. 179 (6): 3391-5.
- Mauzy CA, Hwang O, Egloff AM, et al. (1992). Cloning, expression, and characterization of a gene encoding the human angiotensin II type 1A receptor.. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 186 (1): 277-84.
- Curnow KM, Pascoe L, White PC (1992). Genetic analysis of the human type-1 angiotensin II receptor.. Mol. Endocrinol. 6 (7): 1113-8.
- Furuta H, Guo DF, Inagami T (1992). Molecular cloning and sequencing of the gene encoding human angiotensin II type 1 receptor.. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 183 (1): 8-13.
- Takayanagi R, Ohnaka K, Sakai Y, et al. (1992). Molecular cloning, sequence analysis and expression of a cDNA encoding human type-1 angiotensin II receptor.. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 183 (2): 910-6.
- Bergsma DJ, Ellis C, Kumar C, et al. (1992). Cloning and characterization of a human angiotensin II type 1 receptor.. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 183 (3): 989-95.
- Gemmill RM, Drabkin HA (1992). Report of the Second International Workshop on Human Chromosome 3 mapping.. Cytogenet. Cell Genet. 57 (4): 162-6.
- Curnow KM, Pascoe L, Davies E, et al. (1996). Alternatively spliced human type 1 angiotensin II receptor mRNAs are translated at different efficiencies and encode two receptor isoforms.. Mol. Endocrinol. 9 (9): 1250-62.
- Marrero MB, Schieffer B, Paxton WG, et al. (1995). Direct stimulation of Jak/STAT pathway by the angiotensin II AT1 receptor.. Nature 375 (6528): 247-50.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|