Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
André Green studied medicine (specialising in psychiatry) at Paris Medical School and worked at several hospitals. Then, in 1965, after having finished his training as a psychoanalyst, he became a member of Paris Psychoanalytic Society, of which he was the president from 1986 to 1989. From 1975 to 1977 he was a vice president of the International Psychoanalytical Association and from 1979 to 1980 a professor at University College London.
André Green is the author of numerous papers and books on the theory and practice of psychoanalysis and the psychoanalytic criticism of culture and literature, some of which have also appeared in English translations.
Selected writings by André Green:
- The Work of the Negative by Andre Green, Andrew Weller (Translator), Publisher: Free Association Books, 1999, ISBN 1853434701
- On Private Madness, Publisher: International Universities Press, 1997, ISBN 0823638537
- The Chains of Eros, Publisher: Karnac Books, 2002, ISBN 1855759608
- Psychoanalysis: A Paradigm For Clinical Thinking Publisher: Free Association Books, 2005, ISBN 1853437735
- Life narcissism, death narcissism London: Free Association Books 2001, ISBN 1853435309
- Key ideas for a contemporary psychoanalysis. Misrecognition and recognition of the unconscious. London: Routledge, 2005. ISBN 1583918838
About André Green:
- The dead mother. The Work of André Green, ed. by Gregorio Kohon, London: Routledge 1999. (including an interview with A.G.)
- Who's Who in France 2005-2006, Levallois-Parret: Éditions Jacques Lafitte 2005, p. 976-977.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|