Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- Division 1 - Society for General Psychology. This was the first division formed by the APA, in 1945, and its mission is to settle issues across the subdisciplines of psychology.
- Division 2 - Society for the Teaching of Psychology. This division provides free teaching material for students and teachers of psychology and bestows many awards.
- Division 3 - Experimental Psychology
- Division 4 - Currently vacant. Initially the Psychometric Society, which decided against becoming a APA division
- Division 5 - Evaluation, Measurement, and Statistics
- Division 6 - Behavioral Neuroscience and Comparative Psychology
- Division 7 - Developmental Psychology. Apart from its core activities, this division also publishes journals on education research and on psychology-related education topics.
- Division 8 - Society for Personality and Social Psychology
- Division 9 - Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI)
- Division 10 - Society for the Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity and the Arts
- Division 11 - Currently vacant. Initially Abnormal Psychology and Psychotherapy, joined division 12 in 1946
- Division 12 - Society of Clinical Psychology. This division was established in 1948 with 482 members. In 1962 it created clinical child psychology as its first section.
- Division 13 - Society of Consulting Psychology
- Division 14 - Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Division 15 - Educational Psychology
- Division 16 - School Psychology. This division was originally formed as the Division of School Psychologists in 1945 and renamed in 1969.
- Division 17 - Society of Counseling Psychology
- Division 18 - Psychologists in Public Service
- Division 19 - Society for Military Psychology
- Division 20 - Adult Development and Aging
- Division 21 - Applied Experimental and Engineering Psychology
- Division 22 - Rehabilitation Psychology
- Division 23 - Society for Consumer Psychology
- Division 24 - Society for Theoretical and Philosophical Psychology
- Division 25 - Behavior Analysis
- Division 26 - Society for the History of Psychology
- Division 27 - Society for Community Research and Action: Division of Community Psychology
- Division 28 - Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse
- Division 29 - Psychotherapy
- Division 30 - Society of Psychological Hypnosis
- Division 31 - State, Provincial and Territorial Psychological Association Affairs
- Division 32 - Society for Humanistic Psychology
- Division 33 - Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Division 34 - Society for Environmental, Population and Conservation Psychology
- Division 35 - Society for the Psychology of Women
- Division 36 - Society for the Psychology of Religion and Spirituality
- Division 37 - Society for Child and Family Policy and Practice
- Division 38 - Health Psychology
- Division 39 - Psychoanalysis
- Division 40 - Clinical Neuropsychology
- Division 41 - American Psychology-Law Society
- Division 42 - Psychologists in Independent Practice
- Division 43 - Society for Family Psychology
- Division 44 - Society for the Psychological Study of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Issues
- Division 45 - Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues
- Division 46 - Media Psychology
- Division 47 - Exercise and Sport Psychology
- Division 48 - Society for the Study of Peace, Conflict, and Violence: Peace Psychology Division
- Division 49 - Society of Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy
- Division 50 - Society of Addiction Psychology
- Division 51 - Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity
- Division 52 - International Psychology
- Division 53 - Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Division 54 - Society of Pediatric Psychology
- Division 55 - American Society for the Advancement of Pharmacotherapy
- Division 56 - Trauma Psychology. This division addresses issues of trauma with projects, working groups and via collaborations.
- ↑ Divisions of APA. American Psychological Association. URL accessed on 2012-03-12.
- ↑ Social psychology network. Social Psychology Network. URL accessed on July 31, 2012.
- ↑ Kendra Cherry. Division 2 - teaching of psychology. About.com (New York Times group). URL accessed on July 31, 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 APA Division 16 School Psychology- President's Message, Worrell, F. C. (2007). Beyond Division16, Inside APA. The School Pychologist 61 (1): 1-28.
- ↑ What organizations are doing to improve math and science education: American psychological association: Research. US Department of Education. URL accessed on July 31, 2012.
- ↑ Donald K. Routh. Clinical psychology since 1917: Science, practice and organization, 40-42, New York, NY: Springer.
- ↑ "American Psychological Association—Division 16 (School Psychology)". Encyclopedia of School Psychology. (2004). New York, NY: Springer. ISBN 978-0306484803.
- ↑ ISTSS: Global connections: International collaborators and affiliates. International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies. URL accessed on July 31, 2012.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|