Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
Alopecia universalis is a medical disorder in which the afflicted are unable to grow hair on the entire body. It is the most severe form of alopecia areata, with a .001% (1 in 100,000) rate of occurrence in individuals. Alopecia universalis can occur at any age, and is currently believed to be an autoimmune disorder.
Notable people with alopecia universalis
- The professional swimmer Duncan Goodhew benefits from alopecia universalis, which gives him a hydrodynamic advantage.
- NBA player Charlie Villanueva, currently of the Milwaukee Bucks.
- British comedian, Matt Lucas (most known from his role in [Little Britain).
- Former international referee Pierluigi Collina
- Christian von Koenigsegg, founder of Koenigsegg
- Dave McPherson of the English rock band InMe
- Dean Canto a racecar driver in the V8 Supercars Australia Series
- Barry Yeoman, When a Woman Goes Bald, Discover
- lt:Alopecia areata universalis
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|