Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Allan Combs is a consciousness researcher, neuropsychologist, and systems theorist. He considers his most significant work to be the development of a developmental/evolutionary model of the mind using concepts from systems science. Much of this was accomplished in collaboration with his friend and colleague Stanley Krippner. He is most widely known, however, for his collaboration with Ken Wilber on the Wilber-Combs lattice.
Combs holds appointments at the Saybrook Graduate School, the California Institute of Integral Studies, and the Assisi Conferences. He is also Professor Emeritus at the University of North Carolina-Asheville and past Director of the Integral Studies program leading to an MA in Conscious Evolution at the Graduate Institute of Connecticut. Allan is author of over fifty articles, chapters, and books on consciousness and the brain, including The Radiance of Being (2ed): Understanding the Grand Integral Vision; Living the Integral Live, winner of the best-book award of the Scientific and Medical Network of the UK, with a foreword by Ken Wilber; Changing Visions: Human Cognitive Maps Past, Present, and Future, with Ervin Laszlo, Vilmos Csanyi, and Robert Artigiani; Chaos Theory in Psychology and the Life Sciences, edited with Robin Robertson; Nonlinear Dynamics in Human Behavior, edited with William Sulis; Synchronicity: Through the Eyes of Science, Myth, and the Trickster with Mark Holland (now in eight languages); and Mind in Time: The Dynamics of Thought, Reality, and Consciousness, with Mark Germine and Ben Goertzel. Professor Combs is a Director of the Center for Consciousness Studies at the Integral University, co-founder of the Integral Foundation and the Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology and the Life Sciences, a member of The General Evolution Research Group, the Integral Institute, the Forge Guild and the one-hundred member Club of Budapest. He is Co-Editor of the Journal of Conscious Evolution, Associate Editor of Dynamical Psychology, and serves on the Editorial Board of Science and Consciousness Review. Allan was the winner of the 2002-2003 National Teaching Award of the Association of Graduate Liberal Studies Programs, and in the same year the held the UNCA Honorary Ruth and Leon Feldman Professorship.
- Combs, A. (2002). The Radiance of being: Understanding the grand integral vision; Living the integral life. St Paul, MN: Paragon House.
- Combs, A., & Holland, M. (1990). Synchronicity: Through the Eyes of Science, Myth, and the Trickster. New York: Paragon House. (Second edition with forward by Ervin Laszlo; 1995. Third edition with foreword by Robin Robertson; 2001.)
- Combs, A., & Krippner, S. (2003). "Process, structure, and form: An evolutionary transpersonal psychology of consciousness". The International Journal of Transpersonal Studies, 22, 47-60. article text in .PDF format
- Source Integralis, Combs' website
- Saybrook Graduate School
- California Institute of Integral Studies
- Assisi Conferences
- University of North Carolina-Asheville
- Integral University
- The General Evolution Research Group
- The Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology and the Life Sciences
- Integral Institute
- Forge Guild
- Club of Budapest
- Journal of Conscious Evolution
- Dynamical Psychology
- Science and Consciousness Review
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|