Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Alan E. Kazdin is the John M. Musser Professor of Psychology, Child Psychiatry, and Institute of Social Policies at Yale University, and the director of the Yale Parenting Center and Child Conduct Clinic. He was the 2008 President of the American Psychological Association.
Dr. Kazdin’s work focuses primarily on child and adolescent disorders, behavior therapy, and clinical methodology, with over 600 articles and over 40 books and chapters published in these areas. He has served as an Associate Editor of the Annual Review of Psychology, a Series Editor of books in Psychology for Yale University Press, an editor of Behavior Therapy, Psychological Assessment, Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice and Current Directions in Psychological Science, and as Editor-in-Chief of the American Psychological Association’s Encyclopedia of Psychology.
Kazdin received his Bachelor’s degree from San Jose State University, and his Ph. D in clinical psychology from Northwestern University. He was on the faculty of Northwestern University, Pennsylvania State University and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine before being appointed to Yale University’s Department of Psychology and Child Study Center in 1989.
- Kazdin, A.E. (2005). Parent management training: Treatment for oppositional, aggressive, and antisocial behavior in children and adolescents. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Kazdin, A.E., Marciano, P.L., & Whitley, M. (2005). The therapeutic alliance in cognitive-behavioral treatment of children referred for oppositional, aggressive, and antisocial behavior. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 73, 726-730.
- Kazdin, A.E. (2006). Arbitrary metrics: Implications for identifying evidence-based treatments. American Psychologist, 61, 42-49.
- De Los Reyes, A., & Kazdin, A.E. (2006). Conceptualizing changes in behavior in intervention research: The Range of Possible Changes Model. Psychological Review, 113, 554-583.
- Kazdin, A.E., & Whitley, M.K. (2006). Comorbidity, case complexity, and effects of evidence-based treatment for children referred for disruptive behavior. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 74, 455-467.
Sharon S. Brehm
|Alan E. Kazdin elected APA President|
James H. Bray
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|