Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
In medicine, agenesis refers to the failure of an organ to develop during embryonic growth and development. Many forms of agenesis are referred to by individual names, depending on the organ affected:
- Agenesis of the corpus callosum- failure of the Corpus callosum to develop
- Renal agenesis- failure of one or both of the kidneys to develop
- Phocomelia- failure of the arms or legs to develop
- Penile agenesis- failure of penis to develop
- Müllerian agenesis - failure of the uterus and part of the vagina to develop
- Eye agenesis - failure of the eyes to develop.
- Ear agenesis - failure of the ears to develop.