Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Adrian Wells is a British clinical psychologist who has published extensively in the area of cognitive therapy. With his collaborators he has developed Metacognitive Therapy. His treatments are recommended in NICE guidelines.
He is a highly cited researcher and is Professor of Clinical and Experimental Psychopathology at the University of Manchester UK and Professor II in Clinical Psychology at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
He did an initial B.Sc (Hons) Aston University and subsequently gained a Ph.D there. He then trained as a clinical psychologist receiving an M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology from Leeds University and later a Diploma in Cognitive Therapy from University of Pennsylvania
- Wells A.((1997): Cognitive Therapy of Anxiety Disorders: A Practice Manual and Conceptual Guide. Chichester, UK: Wiley.
- Wells A.((2008). Metacognitive Therapy for Anxiety and Depression. New York: Guilford Press.
- Wells A.((2000). Emotional Disorders & Metacognition: Innovative Cognitive Therapy. Chichester, UK: Wiley.
- Wells A.(2006). Worry and its psychological disorders: Theory, assessment and treatment. Wiley.
- Wells A.(2008). Treating Bulimia Nervosa & Binge Eating. Routledge.
- Wells A.(& Matthews (1994): Attention and Emotion: A Clinical Perspective. Erlbaum/ Psychology Press.
- Davey & Wells A.((eds)(2006). Worry and its psychological disorders: Theory, assessment and treatment. Chichester, UK: Wiley.
- Nordahl & Wells A.((2008). Changing beliefs in Cognitive therapy: A therapists guide. Chichester, UK: Wiley.
- Papageorgiou & Wells (eds) (2004). Depressive Rumination: Nature, Theory and Treatment. Chichester, UK: Wiley.
- Tarrier, Wells, A.(& Haddock (eds)(1998): Treating complex cases. Chichester, UK: Wiley.