Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
|RNA expression pattern|| |
Adrenomedullin receptor is a receptor. Studies of the rat counterpart suggest that the encoded protein may function as a receptor for adrenomedullin. adrenomedullin. It is encoded by the human gene ADMR.
The structure of the adrenomedullin receptor is a calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CL) linked to the second of three single transmembrane domain receptor activity-modifying proteins (RAMPs), i.e. RAMP2, which is essential for functional activity. It is worth noting that unlike the classical one ligand-one receptor notion of receptor signalling, the interaction of both CL and RAMP at the membrane, is required for AM to mediate its action.
The outcome of AM stimulatation of its receptor is activation of the G protein Gs, resulting in cellular production of both cyclic AMP (cAMP). The activated adrenomedullin receptor also produces nitric oxide production. Some may find the production of these inside the cell to be at odds, since often they have opposing effects, but as yet, the timing of these effects remains to be studied.
- Lah JJ, Frishman WH (2002). Adrenomedullin: a vasoactive and natriuretic peptide with therapeutic potential.. Heart disease (Hagerstown, Md.) 2 (3): 259-65.
- Mukoyama M, Sugawara A, Nagae T, et al. (2002). Role of adrenomedullin and its receptor system in renal pathophysiology.. Peptides 22 (11): 1925-31.
- Fowler DE, Wang P (2002). The cardiovascular response in sepsis: proposed mechanisms of the beneficial effect of adrenomedullin and its binding protein (review).. Int. J. Mol. Med. 9 (5): 443-9.
- Kato J, Kitamura K, Kangawa K, Eto T (1995). Receptors for adrenomedullin in human vascular endothelial cells.. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 289 (2): 383-5.
- Martínez A, Miller MJ, Catt KJ, Cuttitta F (1997). Adrenomedullin receptor expression in human lung and in pulmonary tumors.. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 45 (2): 159-64.
- Hänze J, Dittrich K, Dötsch J, Rascher W (1997). Molecular cloning of a novel human receptor gene with homology to the rat adrenomedullin receptor and high expression in heart and immune system.. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 240 (1): 183-8.
- Martínez A, Elsasser TH, Muro-Cacho C, et al. (1997). Expression of adrenomedullin and its receptor in normal and malignant human skin: a potential pluripotent role in the integument.. Endocrinology 138 (12): 5597-604.
- Kennedy SP, Sun D, Oleynek JJ, et al. (1998). Expression of the rat adrenomedullin receptor or a putative human adrenomedullin receptor does not correlate with adrenomedullin binding or functional response.. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 244 (3): 832-7.
- Jiménez N, Calvo A, Martínez A, et al. (1999). Expression of adrenomedullin and proadrenomedullin N-terminal 20 peptide in human and rat prostate.. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 47 (9): 1167-78.
- Kuwasako K, Kitamura K, Ito K, et al. (2002). The seven amino acids of human RAMP2 (86) and RAMP3 (59) are critical for agonist binding to human adrenomedullin receptors.. J. Biol. Chem. 276 (52): 49459-65.
- Forneris M, Gottardo L, Albertin G, et al. (2002). Expression and function of adrenomedullin and its receptors in Conn's adenoma cells.. Int. J. Mol. Med. 8 (6): 675-9.
- Hänze J, Groneberg DA, Rose F, et al. (2002). Genomic organization and regulation of a human 7-helix transmembrane receptor which is expressed in pulmonary epithelial cells and induced in hypoxia.. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 291 (5): 1160-5.
- Dumont CE, Muff R, Flühmann B, et al. (2003). Paracrine/autocrine function of adrenomedullin in peripheral nerves of rats.. Brain Res. 955 (1-2): 64-71.
- Strausberg RL, Feingold EA, Grouse LH, et al. (2003). Generation and initial analysis of more than 15,000 full-length human and mouse cDNA sequences.. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99 (26): 16899-903.
- Chosa E, Hamada H, Kitamura K, et al. (2003). Expression of adrenomedullin and its receptor by chondrocyte phenotype cells.. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 303 (1): 379-86.
- Xu P, Dai AG, Zhou HD, et al. (2004). [Study of the expression and role of adrenomedullin and adrenomedullin receptor in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 26 (12): 765-8.
- Gerhard DS, Wagner L, Feingold EA, et al. (2004). The status, quality, and expansion of the NIH full-length cDNA project: the Mammalian Gene Collection (MGC).. Genome Res. 14 (10B): 2121-7.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|