Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Adolescent psychotherapy is psychotherapy with adolescence, roughly those on 13-17 age group.
References & BibliographyEdit
- Rubenstein, A., and Zager, K. (Eds.). (1995). Psychotherapy “Special Issue”: Adolescent treatment: New frontiers and new dimensions. Utica, NY: C. L. Hutson Co.
- Sasson, E. J. (2001). Candor, connection, and enterprise in adolescent therapy. New York: W. W. Norton.
- Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (1997). Tough kids: Cool counseling: User-friendly approaches with challenging youth. Alexandria, VA: American Counseling Association.
- Benhke, B. H., & Warner, E. W. (2002). Confidentiality in the treatment of adolescents. Monitor on Psychology (March), 44–45.
- Bratter, T. (1977). The psychotherapist as advocate: Extending the therapeutic alliance with adolescents. Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy, 8(2), 119–126.
- Gardner, J. E. (1998). Tough sledding: The resistance of the adolescent patient can freeze therapy before it begins. The Los Angles Psychologist
- Hanna, F. J., & Hunt, W. P. (1999). Techniques for psychotherapy with defiant, aggressive adolescents. Psychotherapy, 36, 56–68.
- Holmbeck, G., & Updegrove, A. (1995). Clinical-developmental interface: Implications of developmental research for adolescent psychotherapy. Psychotherapy, 32(1), 16–33.
- Kazdin, A. E. (1991). Effectiveness of psychotherapy with children and adolescents. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 59, 785–798.
- Kazdin, A. E., Bass, D., Ayers, W. A., & Rogers, A. (1990). Empirical and clinical focus of child and adolescent psychotherapy research. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 58, 729–740.
- Kazdin, A. E., Siegel, T. C., & Bass, D. (1990). Drawing upon clinical practice to inform research on child and adolescent psychotherapy: A survey of practitioners. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 21, 189–198.
- Rubenstein, A. (1996). Interventions for a scattered generation: Treating adolescents in the nineties. Psychotherapy, 33(3), 353–360.
- Rubenstein, A., & Zager, K. (1995). Training in adolescent treatment: Where is psychology? Psychotherapy, 32(1), 2–6.
- Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (1995). Psychotherapeutic techniques with treatment resistant adolescents. Psychotherapy, 32, 131–114.
- Rubenstein, A. (1996). Practical psychotherapy with adolescents. APA Psychotherapy Video Tape Series II. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.